The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 17, 2008, 07:12 AM   #1
RareBrit

6mm Musgrave

I'm currently rebuilding a factory .303 sporter. Little to no residual value, just a nice looking gun. Or at least it will be once it's finished. I'm forming the opinion that she should be rebarrelled at some point, and I've been thinking about .303 wildcats.

6mm is a prefered caliber of mine (God gifted me with a mind and back, both of them twisted), and after a bit of a google-trawl I came up with 6mm Musgrave, does anyone have any experience with this caliber?
Old December 17, 2008, 11:44 AM   #2
WIL TERRY

Look Up Elwood Eps In Canada. He Did All Of Those 303 Based Wildcats Decades Ago.

Old April 19, 2009, 06:15 PM   #3
pietskiet

hi. Here in sa the 6mm musgrave is rather populare. Not as much as the 243 but it can hold its own. I have a 303 no1 mk3 that i hunt whith. When i get a .375h&h i wil rebarrel the 303 to the 6mm. It was desighened by ben musgrave here in sa. The epps is more blown out... Btw pmp makes factory ammo
Old April 20, 2009, 12:44 PM   #4
lt dan

Musgrave Bloemfontein S-Africa

Rarebrit, if you are truly interested in the 6mm Musgrave i can supply you with all the info you need. my brother-in -law used to work for musgrave for about 15 years. he was involved with the 6mm Musgrave custom program.

one thing i can tell you as a start is that the 6mm Musg was born not out of necessity but out of the abundance of 303's available in S-Africa.

6mm Musg- 85grn-3087 ft/s
243 win -85grn-3350 ft/s