The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old January 7, 2005, 09:06 AM   #26
JohnLizCas

Nylon 66

If available please send copy of ass, disassm of Nylon 66 to:[email protected]. Thanks
Old January 7, 2005, 09:08 AM   #27
JohnLizCas

Nylon 66

If available please send copy of ass, disassm of Nylon 66 to:[email protected]. Thanks. Thats assm not ass lol
Old March 22, 2005, 04:07 PM   #28
boss_hogg01

I'd really love a manual for the rem 66 too

Harley Nolden, i was wondering if you could possibly email me a manual too? my email is [email protected] . I've got mine disassembled, and don't really remember how it goes back correctly!! thanks!
Old March 26, 2005, 12:46 PM   #29
POcopo

i need one too please

Hello, i got mine from my brother, after he had it for 20 something years, he shot it, i shot it and i dont think it was ever cleaned. Ive cleaned the bore, but that was it. It sure is a fun little plinker too....

[email protected]
Old April 30, 2005, 06:47 PM   #30
chasswick

Hey could I please get one of the manuals also I am in need because I am an idiot and took it apart and now nothing but trouble.

[email protected]
Old May 2, 2005, 09:20 AM   #31
560pilot

Nylon 66 Disassembly

I have had a Nylon 66 since 1968 (H.S. graduation present). I would appreciate a copy of the disassembly instructions/manual if possible.
Thanks
560pilot
Old May 2, 2005, 09:54 AM   #32
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

506 Pilot

Send an email addy and I will send it

[email protected]

HJN
Old September 25, 2005, 02:25 PM   #33
tnj_oconnor

Manual

I need the breakdown and assembly of the Nylon 66 Remington, if anyone can send it to me at [email protected] it would be really appreciated, thanks.
Old December 23, 2005, 02:34 PM   #34
mikeyp

Hlep!!!

I need a manuel for a nylon 66, though its not a nylon, its a remake of one. I t has CBC on it. I was told that it's "like" a chevy and GMC. Same maker and what not. If true or not, I think that a manuel is a step in the right direction. Uhh, also I toke it out to shoot and while I was firing at a target to sight it in ( using federal hollow points ) my scope, it jammed on the 5th shoot. After I cleared the jam, I went to "charge" the rifle and it went off. So any suggestions would be great.

My email is: [email protected] thanks guys!!
Old December 24, 2005, 07:16 AM   #35
Rimrod

Interesting Thread

I had an Apache Black model years ago, great gun. I had worked on several Nylon 66s and the only problem I ever found was a tendency for a crack to appear between two pin holes in the receiver area. I don't think it was a serious problem but several guys wanted theirs fixed so I used JB Weld.

Wish I had mine back.
"... he held his gun as almost every man skilled in such matters preferred to hold one when in action, with a half bent elbow that brought the gun slightly in front of his body at about, or slightly above, the level of the waist." - Wyatt Earp from Wyatt Earp Frontier Marshall by Stuart N. Lake
Old December 24, 2005, 10:49 AM   #36
Swan Hunter

Me Too!

I have an old 66 that is shooting doubles and then jamming...I need to get in to the little beast and then get it put back together. Is there a source for parts?

Thanks
[email protected]
Old December 27, 2005, 08:16 AM   #37
Spectre01

Harley,

If you are not tired of sending those mails yet....

[email protected]

Thanks!

I have had my 66 for a LONG time. No problems yet.

Keep her clean and shoot the sumbitch.
Walther ppk/s 380
Old December 28, 2005, 12:09 PM   #38
mikesmith1115

Cleaning / d'assy instructions

Hi,

I have just been gicen a Remington .22 Nylon 66. I would appreciate any instructions for this.

Thanks in advance for your help,

My email is [email protected].
Old November 28, 2007, 06:50 PM   #39
richard jangro

i also have a nylon 66 semi auto ive had it for about a week it was a blast till i went out for a hunt im not sure if it got wet becouse it was snowing and i had sat the gun down against a stump but now its jamming after 8 or 9 shots i had pulled the barrel off after losening the bolt and twisted it off now i cant get the slide on the side where it ejects shells to close and line up properly wiith the barrel if any one has detailed instructions about disasembling and assembling this gun with photos if possable that would be very helpfull also if any one has any sugsestions on why it may be doing this email me @ [email protected] this is my first remmington or gun at that i really hope this is a fixable problem with out having to spend any money..........well it was fun while it lasted hopefully this gun will supply me with hours and hours of fun in the future
Old November 28, 2007, 09:51 PM   #40
animal

Nylon 66 was a fun little rifle. Mine was Mohawk brown and I wish I still had it.

If you get it back together and you have a single-shot (first shot is fine, but bolt closes on an empty chamber) take it back apart and turn the feed ramp around. It’ll fit in there backwards, look right, but doesn’t work.
Old November 28, 2007, 09:57 PM   #41
Redneckrepairs

richard jangro I linked you to a page on the other thread you posted that should have the manuals but here it is again for the late comers to this thread that did not read every page http://www.nylonrifles.com/NylonRifles/Welcome.html
Old November 29, 2007, 10:35 AM   #42
richard jangro

hey redneckrepairs thanks alot i also became or is waiting to become i should say a member of that other sight i fixed the problem and had the gun back together within mins thank you alot i dint relize u had to pull the plasic slide off before removing the reciever guard what had happen is that clip that sopose to sit under niether the sight grove had some how pushed its self back into the gun how that happend i have not the wildest clue and what was couseing it to jam i think is the federal bulk ammo i was using i belive couse others on that other web sight had had the same problem with it but thank u very much now all i have left to do is sight my scope in well happy shooting and keep up the great advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old December 15, 2007, 10:28 AM   #43
tamdar

Nylon 66 disaasembly instructions.

Hi been reading posts on how to break down a nylon 66 for cleaning. I see most folks dont recommend disassembly but after 40 years, and 4 teenage boys, this must need a good cleaning.

Any help would be greatful Thank you, Dale
Old December 24, 2007, 11:07 AM   #44
chaad

Disassemble the trigger assembly AT YOUR OWN PERIL. Put the safety on before you take the cover off. if the trigger pulls, you will join the many before you to go to the gunsmith with a grocery bag of parts. Maybe I'm just a chicken, but there should be no reason to disassemble that far.
Old October 24, 2008, 12:11 PM   #45
gordfordjames

Dissassemble for the Remington 66

Harley, I would appreciate it if you would send me the dissassemble diagrams for the Remington 66 tube, rifle.

Thank you

Gord
Old October 24, 2008, 12:56 PM   #46
rzach

Dissassemble for the Remington 66 #2

i came a cross thie some time ago have been very usefuly for take\ing guns apart

http://stevespages.com:80/page7b.htm