The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 17, 2009, 03:04 AM   #26
Al Thompson
Staff Alumnus

Is Pat now working at Allen's? I've dealt with him for years and have nothing but praise for him.

Allen's is new to me, but when I get back I'll stop in. My home is in Columbia, you guys are lucky to actually have a selection of shops - we have two cop shops and one snooty indoor range/gunshop combination. Otherwise, it's Sportsman's Warehouse where the guy selling worms on Monday becomes a big game and self-defense expert on Tuesday. :barf:

Old February 17, 2009, 09:22 AM   #27
Keltyke

Quote:
Is Pat now working at Allen's?
Janice is.
Old February 17, 2009, 10:58 AM   #28
Al Thompson
Staff Alumnus

I'll have to stop by. Is she single?
Old February 17, 2009, 12:57 PM   #29
Keltyke

Dunno. She's tall, slender, good looking (sorta a Geena Davis type) great personality. Knows her stuff around guns, too.
Old February 18, 2009, 01:56 AM   #30
Al Thompson
Staff Alumnus

Hmmm... Road trip in my future..

Wonder if she likes fat guys?

Back on topic, when I was home on leave, there was a decent gunshop just across the Georgia line (in Georgia). Looked like he was more "tactical" than sporting, without the usual arrogance. The prices I checked looked pretty good.
Old April 19, 2009, 06:08 PM   #31
sclay

I know this is an old post but I wanted to give credit where credit is due.

After a couple month boycott, I did visit Trader's last week and had a far better experience than I did on previous visits.

Maybe they read this thread and took a customer service class.

Their selection was great. They even had something I've been searching for for a long time now. A Springfield EMP. I didn't buy it yet. Perhaps on my next visit if they still have it and if they are as pleasant as they were last week then maybe.
Old June 9, 2009, 05:00 PM   #32
bigjack59

Glad to hear it. Some updating: Janice is at Allen arms, a nice place. She is very pretty, she is also very married, and I think he carries a pistol as well. Pat is still at Traders, just nudge him and he will wake up. George is still at Traders and still very helpful. I am glad you had a better result, and glad to are a big enough person to report your new findings. So often people just complain, and don't report good service.

I will say this for Traders, they will actually show me things on a gun I am looking at that they know I wouldn't like down the road. THey have kept me from buying a piece or two I wouldn't have been happy with long term. Hope you continue to get good service, and find all the guns you are looking for!
Old July 2, 2009, 07:15 PM   #33
cadpipe

traders

Cowboy has stopped wearing the hat, guess his rep preceded him, there were a lot of negative posts in other forums. They do have some freaking boneheds there, they always assume try to impress you with what they know, but many should remeber that old adage ..better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open ones mouth and remove all doubt. Just consider the source, when they say dumbass stuff. I was just in the other day when one of the boneheads started to tell me all about the AR15, as I was looking at one, I cut him off, mentiong I had 3 in my safe at home. Allen Arms is a good place, I have known Frank many years, from the Greenville indoor shooting range days. Skippy and the others are good folks. I do like "The Gun Shop" in Walhalla too. They have good prices and some things others don't. They are happy to order stuff and will shop around for the best price. Not sure what they charge for a transfer.
Old July 16, 2009, 12:14 AM   #34
sanremok32

Ha, funny I stumbled across this thread. 8 years ago (long before they moved, still in the tiny 500 sq ft building) I had a serious urge to buy a Wilson Combat CQB .45ACP. They were new & all the rage then. I went into Traders & encountered the above said fat f**k. Told him what I was looking for.. His reply was "What do you need that for? You trying to shoot around corners?" I'll never forget it! Now I'm no gun expert, but I was an Army Airborne Ranger for just over 13 years. 2 Combat tours. 252 jumps. Pretty much know my way around a trigger! I've never mentioned the incident w/ anyone, but I've never gone back. They aren't the only gun shop in the G'ville/Spartanburg area.
Old September 13, 2009, 03:30 AM   #35
cantrelltrucking

Stop the crying!!!!

I just spent the last 15 minutes reading the "assorted" comments
regarding the kind folks at traders and I felt compelled to add my opinion :,,,, To the whiners that say traders employees are not friendly,,, what do you want ?? Somebody to give you milk and a chocolate chip cookie when you walk through the door!!!!
!!!!!!!!!! P e o p l e !!!!!!!!! It is a gun shop!! A place { m e n }
go to purchase items to protect their family and to seek items for hunting!! In closing,, if you think your feelings may be hurt
if you shop there,,, maybe your wife or '' life partner " may need to go in with you to protect your feelings!!!!!!AND to the fine people that own and work at traders [ thank's for your many years of
help and knowlege you have given the gun community in this area]
d o n t c h a n g e a t h i n g ! ! ! !

Last edited by cantrelltrucking; September 13, 2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old October 9, 2009, 09:20 AM   #36
bigjack59

Traders/Allen Arms Update, if anyone cares... Pat and Janice are at Allen Arms now. Janice is still the prettier one. Cowboy no longer wears the hat, whatever. The guys at Traders are generally good guys, remember in the current gun buyer rage they have taken a lot of new people on to handle the crowds of newbies buying. It is not a great environment for the serious/experienced buyer.

Allen Arms had a nice USGI Carbine on the wall with a good price. I asked about it, they let me pay over it for a long time, answered questions they could and offered no BS when they didn't know. Then the loaded up a clip and let me shoot 15 through it. Exceptional service I think. Two good stores, pick and choose for yourself.
Old October 13, 2009, 11:44 PM   #37
gunboy

dear brentseay

perhaps you should feel demeaned since you are overreacting like a girl! stop pmsing over a simple sarcastic statement. if you cant take one line of sarcasm you have no business being in a gun shop anyway. step aside and let the men buy the guns while you play with your dolls.
Old October 14, 2009, 08:29 AM   #38
i50sx

Traders

HAHAHAHAHHAH......... THIS IS HILARIOUS............lol we oughtta print it out and tape it to the window.....poor suckers dont know about PR and how good it works.