The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 13, 2013, 04:37 PM   #1
Roland Thunder

Sig Custom Shop

I am thinking of sending my Sig 226 9mm to to the Sig custom shop to have am action job done on the the DA/SA trigger.

Has anyone that has a 226 ever sent theirs to the Sig Custom Shop and if so what did you think of the work that was done.
Old February 13, 2013, 04:42 PM   #2
TunnelRat

One of my close friends sent his P220 there for the action job and the SRT install. He's been very happy with the work and I think they did a nice job. My only slight reservation, and this is just me, is that his DA pull came back very light. But to some folks that's a good thing. If not them then Grayguns has always received high praise.
Maintain situational awareness
Old February 13, 2013, 04:45 PM   #3
Tactical Jackalope

I'm commenting mainly to have this thread pop on on my phone when it has new responses.

I want to do the same with my P220 but it "ain't broke" so I don't know if I should and risk it.

I'm also concerned about the turnaround time.
Old February 13, 2013, 04:48 PM   #4
TunnelRat

Quote:
I'm also concerned about the turnaround time.
It was relatively quick for him I think, though idk if all this madness has changed that. I want to say it was two weeks from when they got it to when they shipped it back out.
Old February 13, 2013, 04:56 PM   #5
Skadoosh

Quote:
I'm commenting mainly to have this thread pop on on my phone when it has new responses.
As am I!

I to have a P226 (with a standard SA/DA trigger) that I love...and I am wondering how much of a difference a trigger job would make.
Old February 13, 2013, 05:07 PM   #6
TunnelRat

For what it's worth his was an old P220 with probably a 12 lb double action pull. I'd estimate that's down to 7 lbs now in DA with a 3 lb SA pull. The action is smooth as silk too.
Old February 13, 2013, 07:46 PM   #7
BigJimP

A buddy sent one of his 229's into the sig shop for some custom work ...and as I recall it took about 6 weeks...( and this was about a year ago ) ...so no idea, how long it might take now....but they did some work on the trigger, the hammer spring, and changed his sights...

Overall he was happy with it...and it did come back smoother.../ I don't recall what he paid ...but I think it was under $ 300 or so ...maybe $400...

He and I both have since done some work on other sigs in our collections ..226's, 239's ....and using a DVD from TJ's custom shop in California...changing springs, installing a SRT trigger, cleaning up the area on the frame under the hammer spring - and lubing it properly ....all helped a lot...

http://www.tjscustomgunworks.com/TJnew.htm

TJ's custom shop ...has a good reputation as well...(but there is only so much you can do ...to any gun with a hinged trigger...because it has to roll thru that arc...and springs, lube and cleaning up the parts will help ....but its not ever going to be as good as a " well tuned 1911 trigger either " in my opinion.....
Old February 14, 2013, 04:01 PM   #8
cbennettx

I would suggest you send it to Bruce Grey.. He has forgotten more about Sigs than most anyone else you can find; he's top notch.

http://grayguns.com/