The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 11, 2013, 05:45 PM   #126
steveNChunter

Yea I received the text a few hours ago with the same update.

Looks like we will get a free 7rd mag for .45's or 9 rd mag for 9mm's

I would really like to know the specifics of the fix.

I'm still waiting till some people start getting their's back and see how good it's really fixed and if it negatively affected anything.

I don't really want to be a beta tester
Old October 11, 2013, 06:48 PM   #127
IdahoG36

^^^ +1

I've been stocking up on .45 ammo just for that reason. Mine was 100% reliable before the fix, and i want to make sure it stayed that way.
Old October 11, 2013, 10:22 PM   #128
SIMP

Hats off to SA for supplying the free mag. I'm really excited to get my pistol back.
Old October 11, 2013, 10:51 PM   #129
IdahoG36

Me too. I had it all of 2 weeks before I sent it off. I'm really looking forward to getting it back, putting some rounds through it, and carrying it again.

That was pretty cool of them to throw in a free mag. I'll definitely put it to good use.
Old October 12, 2013, 10:53 AM   #130
Forrest68

It cool there given us mags, but would have been nice to have the choice, I'd prefer the 5 rd mag, but thats just me. I'll just be happy to have my pistol back.
Old October 12, 2013, 12:37 PM   #131
SIMP

It's almost like getting a new gun again as short as I had mine!! Can't wait.
Old October 12, 2013, 03:21 PM   #132
IdahoG36

Forrest68, if you want a five round mag, simply put the seven round mag you receive up for sale or trade on the forum. I'm sure you'll find somebody who will take it off of your hands.
Old October 12, 2013, 03:25 PM   #133
kcub

Just ask SA, they might swap out. What are they going to do say no and lose the opportunity to keep your business? That is the whole point in giving you the extra mag.
Old October 12, 2013, 04:06 PM   #134
SIMP

I bought a $40 extended mag when I purchased my XDs9. Oh well, you never know what's going to happen. On the bright side, now I'll two for range visits!
Old October 12, 2013, 05:15 PM   #135
whip1

They do the right thing by giving an extra magazine away, and some still complain. I don't get it.
Old October 12, 2013, 05:58 PM   #136
Idaho Spud

Update 10/11/13

http://www.springfieldrecall.com/RecallUpdate.asp

http://www.springfieldrecall.com/Recall%20FAQ.asp
Old October 12, 2013, 06:41 PM   #137
SIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by whip1
They do the right thing by giving an extra magazine away, and some still complain. I don't get it.
Who complained? Looking forward to getting my extra mag. Hope others are too.
Old October 12, 2013, 10:34 PM   #138
Forrest68

wasn't so much a complaint, just saying would have been nice to have the choice. I already have 2 extended mags and would prefer a 5rd mag. I guess I should voice my opinion, never said they owed me anything in the first place.

Apparently you didn't get the part where I said I was happy they were given us mags Whip1

Last edited by Forrest68; October 12, 2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old October 13, 2013, 03:10 AM   #139
TahoeDust

Quote:
Hmm...So that is doing the right thing? I can buy my own extra mags. Thanks anyways SA.
Old October 15, 2013, 07:39 AM   #140
thedudeabides

It's been months now. Pretty upset that it'll still be MORE time before the wife gets her XDs back. She doesn't want it anymore, and has already bought another gun for CCW.

I think the resale value of these things will be worthless when they do come back, extra mag or not.
Old October 15, 2013, 09:21 AM   #141
IdahoG36

If their resale value is low, I plan on picking up another XDs in 9mm.
Old October 15, 2013, 09:25 AM   #142
whip1

Quote:
It's been months now. Pretty upset that it'll still be MORE time before the wife gets her XDs back. She doesn't want it anymore, and has already bought another gun for CCW.
If you live in Ohio, I'd buy it. Let me know.
Old October 15, 2013, 12:51 PM   #143
SIMP

To me, it's like getting a new gun again. I'm looking forward to it. Plus, right before I sent mine in, I bought an awesome leather holster for it that I never got to use. I hope to have mine back soon!
Old October 16, 2013, 12:00 AM   #144
IdahoG36

^^^

That's funny. i did the same thing. I bought a Galco IWB leather holster 2 days before mine was shipped off. It's still sitting in the package.
Old October 16, 2013, 01:05 AM   #145
R.Ph. 380

IDAHO SAID:
Quote:
If their resale value is low, I plan on picking up another XDs in 9mm
I second the motion. Think I'll buy a 45 for the brother as daily carry.

Bill

The Bill Of Rights: Void Where Progressives Roam
Old October 18, 2013, 02:22 PM   #146
steveNChunter

This just in...

Quote:

We are pleased to announce that the process of upgrading XD-S™ pistols has begun, and we will start shipping TODAY on a first-received/first-upgraded basis.

In our last update, we reported that upgraded pistols would start shipping sometime next week. But our team has been working around the clock and we are thrilled to start shipping today.

We have greatly increased our staff to get upgraded pistols back to customers quickly, and we are committed to achieving the fastest turnaround times possible. For now, we are unable to provide specific return shipping date ranges, but we do expect to share more information next Friday after we've had a full week to gauge how efficiently we will be able to complete this process.

When upgrades are finished on individual firearms, customers will receive a shipping notice and tracking information at the e-mail address they provided for the XD-S™ recall. And as a token of our appreciation for our customers' patience and support, we will also be enclosing an XD-S™ extended magazine with X-tension sleeve with each pistol we return.

As we reported last week, our engineers have redesigned the grip safety and created more positive engagement between the sear and striker on the upgraded XD-S™ pistols. Our solution delivers the advantages of a smoother and more consistent trigger feel with just a slightly increased trigger pull. We chose this option based on the two most important attributes to self-defense firearm owners - safety and reliability - and we are confident that our customers will be extremely pleased with their upgraded pistols.

We want to again express our deep gratitude to all of our valued customers for their loyalty to Springfield Armory®.

Please click the FAQ link in the red bar on top of this page to view our updated FAQ.

This Springfield XD-S™ Recall Update will be updated every Friday through the recall process. Please check back for updates.

As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.

To receive updates by text message, text XDS to 25827

Questions? Email or call us at 1-800-680-6866 | Privacy

I don't like that part about slightly increased trigger pull. Just how slightly are we talking?
Old October 18, 2013, 09:10 PM   #147
SIMP

Mine finally shows it's been fixed. Hopefully they will start shipping early next week.
Old October 19, 2013, 06:40 AM   #148
OcSpeed

"a slightly increased trigger pull"...no thanks.
Does this mean that reduced trigger pull spring kits will now make the gun "unsafe" again?
Old October 19, 2013, 09:13 AM   #149
IdahoG36

If you guys read the recall, you will see that part of the fix was a more positive engagement of the sear and striker. That is where the slightly increased trigger pull is coming from. The difference will most likely be negligible.
They had to do that to eliminate the potential for the double fire issue that the XDs was experiencing.
Old October 19, 2013, 10:42 PM   #150
steveNChunter

The reason that statement about the trigger pull worried me was if it's noticeable enough that they felt they had to mention it, ('cause you know they didn't want to) it must be pretty significant. Sound to me like they are trying to play it down by using the word "slightly".

But I agree that they did what they had to do. I guess we will see how slight it is when people start getting theirs back. I may just have to keep mine with the "pre-recall" trigger.