The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 27, 2008, 09:12 PM   #1
bob88144

Walther p22 barrel

i am looking to buy my first pistol. it is most likely going to be a 22lr pistol. i like the walther p22. i like its look and fill. i have shoot the 3.4'' p22 and i liked it very well. i guess my question is does the 5'' barrell make that much more of a difference with this pistol. i have not gone to a local dealer to talked to them or looked at one yet. i have looked at them on the net and it looks like the 5'' barrell is just a 3.4'' with non moving extension to add the extra length. if so is that a good or bad thing
Old October 27, 2008, 10:27 PM   #2
hknut

My P22 has both barrels. It is easier to train a bew shooter with the longer barrel, specialy if they are afraid of the recoil.

Walk softly and carry a big SIG.
Old October 28, 2008, 04:38 AM   #3
Niantician

My advice is get the short one. It was my first handgun. My friend had the extention and it kept coming loose. Side by side they were the same in accuracy and recoil. That was both of our opinions.
Old October 28, 2008, 05:01 AM   #4
Biff from Oxford

There is a Walther forum at AR15.com that deals with how to keep those things running. I suggest you find it.

Tags
barrel , p22 , walther