The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old May 31, 2009, 06:01 AM   #1
musicman

Uberti parts

Shot my 58 clone yesterday and the screww holding the loading lever is gone. Anyone know who has a good supply of Uberti stuff? Thanks John
Old May 31, 2009, 06:13 AM   #2
mykeal

VTI Gun Parts Uberti 1858 Remington New Army
Old May 31, 2009, 06:15 AM   #3
madcratebuilder

Dixie Gun Works

VTI
Old May 31, 2009, 12:00 PM   #4
CaptainCrossman

Dixie has those screws for $3.50 but you'll pay dearly in shipping, buy a bunch of other stuff you may need along with it, to make it worthwhile
Old May 31, 2009, 12:07 PM   #5
Fingers McGee

In addition to the previously mentioned, Taylors is a good source for parts.
http://www.taylorsfirearms.com/products/accessories.tpl
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old June 1, 2009, 11:20 AM   #6
musicman

Thanks all, will get right on it. Also as Capt. mentioned, are there other parts anyone would recomend to keep in stock either for the Remmie or the 51 Pieta colt, since I have to order anyway? John

Last edited by musicman; June 1, 2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old June 1, 2009, 11:44 AM   #7
Hawg

Wouldn't hurt to have an extra bolt and hand(hand springs come installed on the hand) maybe a bolt/trigger spring,. Maybe even a lighter mainspring.
Old June 1, 2009, 11:52 AM   #8
mykeal

I keep in inventory at least one full set of every screw and moving/loaded action part that's unique to a given gun design that I own. I can thus completely replace all the moving/loaded parts and screws on at least one example of every gun I own. There are some parts for which I have multiple stocks simple because it made economic sense due to their low cost - the shipping was essentially free.

Moving/loaded parts are those that either move against another part, like a trigger or hand, or are subjected to a cyclic load, such as a spring. One part I have several examples of is the Heinie Colt SAA wire trigger/bolt spring, since the OEM leaf springs tend to fail frequently and the Heinie wire spring is a much better design.
Old June 1, 2009, 02:52 PM   #9
Hawg

Quote:
since the OEM leaf springs tend to fail frequently
They do?
Old June 1, 2009, 04:04 PM   #10
Fingers McGee

Quote:
They do?
Yeah, that was news to me too!
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old June 1, 2009, 09:32 PM   #11
mykeal

'Frequently' is incorrect; in my experience the trigger bolt spring is the most likely to break or weaken. Rather than 'frequently' I should have said 'most frequent'.

The experience is somewhat my own, but also comes from forum posts here and elsewhere. Of course, since I've changed to the Heinie wire spring, my recent experience is meaningless.
Old June 1, 2009, 10:20 PM   #12
Oldfalguy

Sounds like good policy to me-

Mykeal-Do you have a link for the improved/better Heine springs?

I have been dragging MG to shoots for many years and large tackle boxes of spare parts to keep them running.
Its nice that the breakable parts are small for the BP guns. I hope to make up case/set for each one (Uberti 1858 & 1860) and have a little tin with screws, springs and other wear parts as you wisely suggest
Old June 2, 2009, 06:31 AM   #13
mykeal

Heinie Colt SAA trigger/bolt spring in Brownell's catalog
Old June 3, 2009, 09:22 PM   #14
Oldfalguy

I will be checking those links tonight but have a question-

Guys-

I just got a Remington flask from Dixie (along with 2 Uberti Rem cylinders-on backorder darn it) and then saw they also carry this one-
HA0350 Colt Navy Flask - Copper with the adjustable spout-
I will also be getting one of these too but wanted to ask since I have had no luck finding just the adjustable spout part to put onthe Remington flask-
Am I loco and out of luck??

Mark
Old June 7, 2009, 07:42 PM   #15
messerist

Mykeal has the idea. Get a mix of screws to fit your irons in case of loss. The price is relatively inexpensive and you only get hit for shipping once!
Old June 7, 2009, 07:53 PM   #16
brian45auto

i inventory a bunch of bolt springs.....turns out the italian pistols pretty much all share that same spring.
Old June 8, 2009, 01:32 PM   #17
Oldfalguy

Improved springs

Diameter and length can be done but might be something to figure out what the pressure/tension how ever they are properly described and get silicone/stainless ones for replacements.