The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 18, 2005, 08:45 PM   #1
Daniel BOON

alcohol and leather

some holsters are flimsy, even some of the more popular store bought ones; but heres a little trick that has worked for me so far. first up was a IWB milt sparks for a mdl 36; out of the factory, the holster is flat. my hip/back is not flat, but curves. Sparks would be hard pressed to find a better leather rig, in my opinion. but the damn thing is FLAT; so one day while staring at my smith and holster i decided to soak the leather in rubbing alcohol to make it pliable; then push the revolver into it, and took a pen to outline the piece, all the while the alcohol is drying; then I put the whole thing on my belt, just behind my hip bone. guess what happened?? it molded itself to the gun and my chubby little body. after bout an hr, I took it off, wiped the piece off, and let the leather dry. that smith jumps out of the leather when I need it, and stays put when i don't.......I wonder if Galco is listening. The End