The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 29, 2011, 08:15 AM   #1
sbum24

VersaCarry - Conceal Carry Holster

I have recently purchases a VersaCarry holster for Conceal Carry. It
is an inside the waist holster and very comfortable. It has a unique
design that makes it less bulky than any holster I have seen or used.
You can check them out at http://www.versacarry.com. At $25 when you
add shipping cost there are also the most reasonably priced concealed
carry holster you will find. It is definitely well worth the money.
Old July 29, 2011, 11:09 AM   #2
NightTrainHD

I understand the concept but a few concerns. I see nothing for retention, also the safety factor worries me. My holsters all have some sort of trigger cover. Looking at these, the trigger is totally exposed to get hung up on something and you get a ND. Just my thoughts.
Old July 29, 2011, 11:36 AM   #3
Polynikes

Yup, the lack of a trigger cover would be a deal breaker for me, (looks like the website recommends you don't carry with a round chambered) but some other observations... It looks like re-holstering would be a PITA; have to remove the holster every time to return the gun to your CC position. Also, how snug is that rod in the barrel? I wonder if there's a possibility of the whole holster assembly pulling free with the gun when you go to draw. As far as comfort, it looks about the same as just stuffing the gun in your waistband.
Old July 29, 2011, 01:50 PM   #4
VersaCarry

Hi my name is Justin Sitz and I'm the creator of the VersaCarry. I'd like to offer a little information that might answer some of the unknown questions.

1. The barrel retention rod at the base is angled inward to create a very positive retention when the gun is seated fully onto the rod. Once attached to the gun the unit will not fall off or come loose.
2. The clip design is very good, it attaches very firmly to your belt and when the weapon is drawn it stays fixed.

I've added a few videos here that might help with some of the question or any others that might come up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ccZ_BzgUY

Here is a comparison pic of a standard holster vs the VersaCarry. You will see the trigger is very well covered and not accessible until the gun is drawn.