The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 12, 2012, 01:54 PM   #1
cmoulton

930 jm pro series

I am on a budget for a tactical autoloader that will keep me competitive in 3 gun. The mossberg 930 jm seems to fit the bill but I can not find it anywhere. I have literally searched google 20 pages deep...anyone have one...or better yet know of a hole in the wall site or shop that have them in stock? If not does anyone know if they are even made anymore lol and if they are when they will become available...?

and no I cannot afford a m2, or slp
Old August 12, 2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Orphanedcowboy

PM Sent
Old August 12, 2012, 06:17 PM   #3
cmoulton

thank you, still looking,
Old August 12, 2012, 07:41 PM   #4
oneounceload

Call Mossberg?
Old August 12, 2012, 11:55 PM   #5
TheKlawMan

When I couldn't find anyone with a Browning I talked to people at Browning USA, who told me that it was receiving 10 guns like I wanted in the next month and that I should contact a Browning dealer and have it order one of them. At the time, 7 of the 10 were pre-sold. I put an order in with Bass Pro, which usually doesn't like to sell out of inventory, and had my gun in 10 days.

Call Mossberg and see if you can find out when they will have that gun and/or just order one from a legitimate dealer. Maybe they will even tell you who can get you one or has it in stock.
Old August 13, 2012, 12:06 AM   #6
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

If JM, for any reason, is not endorsed or sponsored by Mossberg any longer, that gun name will be dead... possibly renamed or discontinued altogether...

Brent
Old August 13, 2012, 09:54 AM   #7
jmortimer

With Flanigan and Miculek Mossberg has the two best shooters and two great choices in the 930. I would put in a notice request on Gallery of Guns' Gun Genie and wait for notification. Might want to contact Mossberg as well. Both the Flainigan Model and JM Model would be sweet to own and the JM model only lists for $710.00 http://www.mossberg.com/products/def...ction=products

Last edited by jmortimer; August 13, 2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old August 13, 2012, 06:18 PM   #8
cmoulton

Just talked to mossy customer service and they assured me they were still producing the JM. However I cant order factory direct nor would I want to pay their msrp anyways. I have notifications set up on buds, GoG, and a few others. I guess its just a waiting game now.
Old September 18, 2012, 03:14 PM   #9
cmoulton

Not to awaken a dead post I just figured I would inform those interested. I ended up buying a brand new 930spx off of gunbroker for 500 . While it is not a great 3gun piece due to a short cylinder barrel and 7 round tube I couldnt turn it down. I have always been told to go with the JM because its the only model with a nonported barrel that's an acceptable length. Well I decided to call mossberg up and ask anyways, the lady was really nice and made a custom order for me to receive a nonported 930 24inch barrel for 179. She said it would be a long wait (month) till I get the barrel which makes no sense since all they have to do is NOT port it...seems like they could just grab me one before it gets drilled...but I am stoked. So for anyone interested in a budget shotgun and was having a hard time finding a JM go for the spx with a custom factory barrel!
Old September 18, 2012, 03:23 PM   #10
jmortimer

Thanks for the update. I think one month is reasonable and would appreciate an update as to whether or not you like your 930.
Old September 19, 2012, 01:31 PM   #11
TheKlawMan

cmoulton, Just a guess that the reason for the wait of a month is their barrels are turned out in production runs, they don't have a non-ported one sitting around, and when the 24 inch run is scheduled then Mossberg will have the line skip porting your barrel.
Old September 19, 2012, 03:22 PM   #12
cmoulton

Thanks for the post, that makes sense! They better get it right the first time, I am going to flip if they send me a ported barrel