The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old January 3, 2011, 12:19 PM   #26
Skans

Quote:
Yes, that used to be the case. My local sheriff used to have his chief sign, but the ATF contacted them and said that he was not to do that anymore.
That's interesting. I did my transfer about in about 2002. I wondered about that at the time, but it must have been OK then.
Old January 3, 2011, 10:37 PM   #27
medalguy

The point was, the statement "any LEO can sign it" is totally wrong. How many LEO's are there in your county? Maybe 200? Only the chief law enforcement official in your area may sign, not just any LEO. And this might be the sheriff if you live in the county or it might be the police chief or a marshall or other official if you live in a town or city. It all depends on who has primary jurisdiction in your area.
Old January 4, 2011, 12:11 AM   #28
dogtown tom

Quote:
wackendogs
Quote:
Worst internet advice ever.
Is that so??? How many NFA transfer do you handle in a year? And in this year how many of them where NOT signed by an LEO??
Yes, it is exactly so.

ATF regulations are VERY clear.......it must be the chief law enforcement officer or a member of a select group such as DA's, Judges, Sheriffs........but absolutely the rank and file officers ARE NOT acceptable.

The real question might be how many NFA transfers will you do once ATF discovers you have Barney Fife's signature and didn't get the signature of the CHIEF law enforcement officer?

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old January 4, 2011, 01:23 AM   #29
David Hineline

So back to the original poster, what area of Iowa are you relocation to?
Old January 5, 2011, 12:19 AM   #30
wackendogs

The real question might be how many NFA transfers will you do once ATF discovers you have Barney Fife's signature and didn't get the signature of the CHIEF law enforcement officer?

I do my own transfers. Its called a form 2. How many of those have you done? I have 24 hours to register lets just say any M16 I build. Or sbr for that matter
Old January 5, 2011, 01:49 PM   #31
dogtown tom

Quote:
wackendogs
Quote:
I do my own transfers. Its called a form 2. How many of those have you done? I have 24 hours to register lets just say any M16 I build. Or sbr for that matter
Again, point out where Federal law allows any law enforcement officer to sign off on Forms. You sidestep answering that question because you know that Federal law requires the CHIEF LEO's signature, not a lowly patrol officer.

You seem to think that because you have done a number of transfers (apparently all to yourself) you are doing it correctly.

Good luck with that.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old January 5, 2011, 02:02 PM   #32
ausher

Quote:
So back to the original poster, what area of Iowa are you relocation
I moved t north east Iowa near mason city. Well looks like I still can't get any cool nfa stuff so I might as well give up on that.
Old January 5, 2011, 02:17 PM   #33
Zak Smith

A Form 2 is not a transfer. It is used by a Class 1 or 2 SOT when they manufacture or import an NFA item.
Old January 5, 2011, 03:31 PM   #34
wackendogs

You seem to think that because you have done a number of transfers (apparently all to yourself) you are doing it correctly.

Good luck with that.

I am doing them 100% correct. I DONT HAVE TO HAVE ANYONE SIGN ****!! O' wait, I sign them. LOL LOL
Old January 5, 2011, 11:51 PM   #35
dogtown tom

Quote:
wackendogs: I am doing them 100% correct. I DONT HAVE TO HAVE ANYONE SIGN ****!! O' wait, I sign them. LOL LOL
So......now you are signing them yourself?
Just a couple of days ago you said:
Quote:
wackendogs ANY LEO in your town or county can sign it.
So please answer the question.
Point out where Federal law allows any law enforcement officer to sign off on Forms. You sidestep answering that question because you know that Federal law requires the CHIEF LEO's signature, not a lowly patrol officer.

So......LOL, LOL..........

Old January 5, 2011, 11:54 PM   #36
wackendogs

DUDE I forgot to add the C infront of the LEO and I just let you run your mouth. It was a typo get over yourself. Yah I sign them myself you can do that when you have an SOT Class II.
Old January 6, 2011, 01:11 AM   #37
dogtown tom

Quote:
wackendogs DUDE I forgot to add the C infront of the LEO.....
Sure you did.......