The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 10, 2001, 11:10 PM   #1
Bam Bam

This is no bull. At the local sportsman's club an old gent had an operation on his off shoulder. He could either quit shooting or learn to shoot one-armed. Using a 28ga O/U he had a bad day and broke only 23 at skeet, with doubles. I scored 8 (third time ever to shoot skeet). If he had his eyes closed he could probably still get more than half.
Old March 10, 2001, 11:38 PM   #2
labgrade
Member In Memoriam

Got a bud that I've watched shoot skeet one-armed with an SKB(?) .410 & it really impressed & pi$$ed me off. Even turned the darned thing upside down & could still hit 'em.

but, The Wife shoots (even his own) pistols better than he does so that even it up a bit.
Old March 11, 2001, 02:40 AM   #3
Badger Arms

My first experience with an amputee was at the Oak Tree shooting range in the hills north of San Fernando. I was a child and just learning how to shoot myself and this man was a friend of my Father's. I was fascinated at how he went through the drill just like anybody else. Had a Break Action but the details of how he went about shooting is lost in the haze of my childhood.