The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old December 2, 2013, 10:06 PM   #1
David13

Norco Bank Robbery

We were reliving the past recently. And this came up.
If you are familiar with it, it's always good to remember why.
If you are not, the first question is can you believe it.
And second is can you spot the errors. As it was, basically, a tragedy of errors.
dc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQXXcFmMVNE
Old December 2, 2013, 10:39 PM   #2
Double Naught Spy

Thanks for posting.

Got to love the ring leader being an anarchist who worked for the government, LOL.
Old December 3, 2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Theohazard

David13, some people here (including me) are on connections that don't run YouTube very well. Can you describe the video a little bit? Without a description, your thread is a drive-by and will probably be closed.
Old December 3, 2013, 11:09 AM   #4
David13

It is just a documentary about the robbery that was produced by the Irvine Police department.
A review of all the events and occurrences that took place in the crime. And the death of two of the perpetrators, the other three sentenced to life without parole, and the death of one law enforcement officer.
It really is of no use to anyone unless they watch it. And there is no doubt in my mind that there are those here who have already seen it.
And for them the lesson is, don't forget it.
There are any number of tactical lessons to be learned from it.
And like mentioned a number of ironic aspects.
dc
Old December 3, 2013, 11:16 AM   #5
David13

There are some threads that mention the militarization of the police force.
This robbery goes back to 1980. And clearly illustrates how law enforcement along a 50 mile chase were severely outgunned by 5 amateur criminals, i.e. had no particular criminal record.
dc
Old December 3, 2013, 11:29 AM   #6
Theohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by David13
It really is of no use to anyone unless they watch it.
I guess I'll have to watch it when I get to a wireless connection this evening.
Old December 3, 2013, 12:21 PM   #7
Frank Ettin
Staff

Closed --
  1. This Forum is called "Tactics and Training." It's for the discussion of matters that can help the responsible armed person to improve his understanding of tactical and training issues and improve his/her skills. It's not clear how the video linked to by the OP can do that.

If the OP believed it had something to offer for those purposes, it was up to him to start the discussion with reference to the video.

2. This is at least a borderline "drive-by." See our Rules on "cut-and-paste" and "drive-by" posts and note especially:
    Quote:
    ...Do not simply post a link and expect anyone to know why you posted the link or why it is relevant to the thread. You leave it up to those that post any thoughts as to what direction the thread takes or what you meant by the post. Each person will necessarily have a different take on what they think the thread/post is about.

Remember, the Opening/Originating Post (OP) must contain a summary of what the link is about and should also contain some opinion by the OP in order to start a discussion in a specific direction.

When making a post in an ongoing thread, please explain how your link/article is relevant to the thread. What may be self evident to you, does not mean others will find it so. Failure to do this will get your post deleted.

Expecting people to follow your link or read the article, without any remarks by you, and discussing the event, shows an utter lack of respect for the rest of the members here at TFL, who have come to expect intelligent conversation. In other words, it is rude.

Therefore, without some guidance from you, you are leaving it up to any passing mod to make the determination as to what's on topic and what isn't....
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Closed Thread