The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 29, 1999, 11:14 AM   #1
Futo Inu

I am get tired of waiting on reloading manuals to include some of the "new-fangled" pistol cartridges. I guess the bullet and powder makers think they will just be flashes in the pan.

For example, if I remember correctly, I saw that the new Hodgdon manual does have .357 sig data, but not .400 CorBon, .45 Super, .460 Rowland, or .224 Boz. Anyone know whether a manual publisher is going to do some testing on these and publish reliable safe data and measurements? (of course assuming the gun is specifically chambered for it, etc. - as is standard with ANY cartridge) And when? As for the Boz cartridge being proprietary, so what? The Weatherbys are published, and they are proprietary.
Old May 30, 1999, 09:56 AM   #2
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Many of the reloading manufacturers have their manuals online. Go to Shooters-Directory to link to many of them for the most up-to-date information that they have.
Old June 1, 1999, 03:10 PM   #3
Futo Inu

Wow. Thanks. What's Shooter's-Directory?

fal308, nevermind. I see the links you posted on the other manuals topic. Great! Except the vihtavouri link you provided is no good. Do you have the correct link for them? Perhaps "vihtavouri" is not the correct spelling; the lapua.com is correct, but that page is not found. Please post your reply at the other thread (favorite reload manuals) Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Futo Inu (edited June 01, 1999).]
Old June 1, 1999, 04:12 PM   #4
Mal H
Staff

Futo, Just in case fal308 doesn't see this before TFL goes down, I'll respond. The spelling is "vihtavuori". VihtaVuori Oy is a large Finnish powder company. They make some excellent and clean burning powders.