The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 18, 2010, 07:22 PM   #51
ohen cepel

Never got mine.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Old February 18, 2010, 09:48 PM   #52
firespec35

Got mine out the mailbox today. Good stuff man. I gave my 669 a once over since it had little fibers on it from a new holster and I was seeing little crappy stuff along the edges of the slide/ frame junction. I wiped it down and it worked great I got all the little gritty crappys off the frame without breaking it down and it shines like new. Talk to the cleaning kit companies see if they'll buy them to replace the crappy little cloth they give you.

S&W 669
Old February 18, 2010, 10:01 PM   #53
SheepNutz

I got mine a few days ago and was able to put it through its paces last night. This cloth works as advertised, and is just flat out great! I was bummed when I got an ugly circular scratch on my M&P's slide the other day, but after using the sheepskin rag all over the slide, followed by the flannel to remove the excess silicone, the scratch is basically gone and the slide's Melonite finish looks flawless now. The sheepskin was even able to reach completely into the scalloped slide serrations. I couldn't be happier. Thanks for giving me a chance to try this product. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to any gun owner!
Old February 19, 2010, 08:27 AM   #54
Uncle Buck

I was not really expecting much when I asked for a free example of this product. The above reviews pretty much nailed it.

Did a great job all the way around. I will be definitely picking up a few more of these, both for cleaning and wiping down the guns one last time before they are put in the safe.
Old February 19, 2010, 10:03 AM   #55
Croz

Tried mine last night. I have nothing to add more than what others have said. It works exactly as advertised and does a great job getting all the little crap out of the nooks and crannies.

Highly recommended.
Old February 19, 2010, 10:17 AM   #56
rattletrap1970

Email sent, looking forward to trying it out.
Old February 21, 2010, 10:52 AM   #57
sserdlihc

Recieved my Rusty's Rag in the mail the other day. I like the fact there was no odor to the clothes. Nice packaging and like the fact that they had their on ziplock bag for storage. I have put your website in my favorites for future purchases. Great marketing!!
Old February 22, 2010, 08:10 PM   #58
GreySmoke

Receivend mine as well. Unfortunatly I had just finished cleaning all my stuff the day prior. I will use it after my next range visit. (when this last snowfall thins out....) I did run it over my RIA tactical Two Tone and it did a nice job in the narrow cuts of the slide....
Old February 22, 2010, 08:35 PM   #59
isanchez2008

A+ for Rusty Rags.

I received a manila envelope that contained instructions, the silicone soaked sheepskin, and a flannel cloth.

The sheepskin works great. I broke down six glocks and wiped them all down. It worked well and did what was claimed. It's cool to see a company willing to hand out freebees to establish a name.
Old February 22, 2010, 08:59 PM   #60
jestor

Got mine the otherday finally got to try it out, worked as good as described. Went to the website and saw that they have bigger sizes for long guns will get some more soon.
Old February 24, 2010, 07:06 PM   #61
TUFF99

excelent cleaning cloth. It really does get into the small places.

I would have to use for extended time and see how long it lasts. Also, I have a feeling the cost would be too high for my blood.

I used it on my US Army issue M-4 after about 500 rds down range and my G26 after about 100 rds. It worked great.
Old February 27, 2010, 06:56 PM   #62
wideglider03

cloth

thanks for the cloth, works great, would like to get one for rifles. A+++
Old February 28, 2010, 01:32 AM   #63
GreySmoke

Used mine to clean up after my last range visit on three guns a RIA Tactical Two tone good job but it sucked the silicone dry. My Witness Stock Hard Chrome - great job and the chrome just shines... MY XD9mm: well after the two others there was not much left in the swatch but it did leave a nice sheen on the slide. I have used this on 4 guns and the swatch seems pretty dry. Is it supposed to be that way. It seems to still do alright on non -matte guns but the porous nature of the matte finish reall sucks up the silicone.....
Old February 28, 2010, 11:36 AM   #64
sserdlihc

I just got around to using my free Rusty Rags sheepskin rag. I was very impressed with how well it got into all of the little crevices. I will be buying some in the future when needed. Again, I was very impressed! I will spread the word.
Old March 1, 2010, 10:38 AM   #65
vacation

I received my cloth, great packaging, instructions were clear...AND THE PRODUCT IS GREAT. I used it on my new pistols and my old mausers....it was awesome, I will DEFINELTY, be purchasing some more of these cloths and have recommended them to my brother and father who are avid colt collectors.

Thanks
Old March 5, 2010, 05:15 PM   #66
patrick clark

rusty's rags

Hi all
I'm a little late here but let me say that Me and my guns are happy with this cleaning set up.
If I see this available for sale I will buy it because it can't last forever and I would like to have one for the range bag too.
minihaha
Old March 5, 2010, 09:07 PM   #67
S&W Kinda Guy

I got mine a week or two ago, but the weather hasn't permitted me to got to the range. I finely get to go tomorrow, so I will post my review on here. I will be cleaning my Colt Anaconda with the rag, so hopefully it will do a good job, as the others said.
Old March 6, 2010, 06:34 PM   #68
S&W Kinda Guy

Just used the rag on my Colt Anaconda, it worked really well, it got into all of the "nooks and crannies" on my gun, will definitely buy some later on.

Thanks!
Old March 8, 2010, 06:01 PM   #69
retiredcoasty

I finally got a chance to hit the range which provided the opportunity to use the cloth. Wow! I love it. I think I will be giving some of them out for B-days and stocking stuffers!
Old March 8, 2010, 08:13 PM   #70
thekyrifleman

I've had mine for about 3 weeks. Just getting around to testing it. Great job Rusty!!! Now where can we buy these...I've told a few buddies and they are anxious to try them.
Old March 13, 2010, 08:36 PM   #71
KevinBeyerJr

Finally got out to the range today...

I finally got a chance to try out this new FREE product on my Springfield XD 9 mm Compact.

First off let me just say that my pistol is a semi-automatic so the nooks and crannies are quite small. I had to use my two sided pick that was included in my typical gun cleaning kit to help out with the cleaning process. I was very impressed with the thorough instructions, and the light amount of silicon that the sheep wool had on it. On that note, the sheep wool was a great idea for a silicon applier, it was thorough and still had a good amount of silicon for many future uses without overdoing it. also, the skin side was just coarse enough and cleaned very well without making me worry about scratching the steel on my pistol.

Overall, side by side with the Bore Snake, it is an awesome product.
Old March 13, 2010, 11:01 PM   #72
bbqbob51

I received the package a few a few days after my request, thanks for the fast service. Sorry it took me so long to test out your fine product.
This procuct did a nice job of cleaning a shining my Smith and Wesson 22a, Remington 597 and Stoeger Cougar. The sheep's wool had just the right amount of silicon and worked nicely.This is great system to spiff up any firearm and I think it would also work good on fishing gear.
Thanks!
Old March 14, 2010, 04:08 AM   #73
UpandAtIt

I received mine and it works well, my few pistols I used it on literally soaked up the silcone. Good product AAA+++.
Old March 17, 2010, 07:50 PM   #74
bgdv1

sorry for the late reply but all i can say is awsome product i give it a++++.
Old March 17, 2010, 08:19 PM   #75
sophijo

rag

Good product my guns likey.

Tags
gun accessories , gun cleaning , gun cloth , new gun product