The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 5, 2013, 01:29 AM   #1
Hans

Anyone have or seen a Kahr CW380?

Just curious, as I am in the market for a .380 for CC. Anyone own or handled one? Are they even out yet?
Without the 2nd Amendment, none of the others would exist.
Old March 5, 2013, 04:04 AM   #2
PSP

The Kahr .380 has been out for a while now. The problem finding one is due to their popularity and of course the current gun buying madness. Kahr, like many gun makers, is unable to keep up with demand. This from the Kahr web site...

Quote:
"Special Notice to our Valued Customers - Due to high demand delivery times on firearms and high capacity magazines will vary and may take as long as 6 months for new orders."
http://www.kahr.com/

Keep looking, there's probably one somewhere out there or will be soon.

Last edited by PSP; March 5, 2013 at 06:18 AM.
Old March 5, 2013, 06:06 AM   #3
spacecoast

I just got a P380, very impressive pistol. The CW380 is basically the same with a few downgrades as I understand.
Old March 5, 2013, 08:14 AM   #4
kahrguy

hans handle the p380 to deside if you like it then deside if you want one cause your going to have to get on someones want list and wait for it to be built in enough quanity to finally get out on. It might be a year or better waiting .

I carry kahrs in 9mm and 40 but our families 380s are the TCP for a micro sized. The newest models have a C in the serial number and run great.
Old March 5, 2013, 09:19 AM   #5
Hitthespot

I just purchased a Kahr CM9 last week and they had two or three other new Kahrs in the show case. There out there. You may have to travel a little way or even order one off the net, but I don't think it will take to long if you search. They are great guns based on my limited experience of two trips to the range.
Old March 5, 2013, 09:20 AM   #6
iblong

My wife has a P380 and loves it,It functions well and has a nice trigger.
Ive also had the Ruger and Keltec 380"s and the all worked well,The kahr has the better sights and trigger.That said I personally do not often carry one as
you can get a nine not much bigger.cheaper ammo and better performance.
Old March 5, 2013, 04:04 PM   #7
chris in va

Knob Creek had a couple last time I checked. Tiny little thing, couldn't imagine trying to fire it with my big paws. Size of my iphone.
Old March 5, 2013, 07:00 PM   #8
kahrguy

Chris you think you have big hands ?? You may need to see how hickok45 on youtube shooting these tiny pistols with his NBA center sized paws. He will use his middle pad on a finger and still ring the steel at distances that it should not happen at.
Old March 22, 2013, 04:05 PM   #9
dsk

The CW380 was supposed to be out by March, but with all the market craziness and demand for their current products I'd be willing to bet they've been pushed back. It's a simpler version of the P380 with the following changes:

*MIM slide stop (P380's are machined)
*Conventional barrel rifling (P380's are polygonal)
*Simplified slide machining
*Polymer front and rear sights
*Approximately 3/16" longer slide and barrel
Old March 22, 2013, 05:36 PM   #10
Doc Intrepid

I've one of the Kahr P380s and love it.

The thing that is handiest about it, as far as I'm concerned, is that it is a true pocket pistol, able to be carried in your trousers or jeans pockets, but it's bigger than a .32 ACP and the Kahr P380 has (for me) been utterly reliable.

I'll never argue that there aren't better pistols out there, nor better calibers for self defense, but if you're looking for a pistol you can slip into your pocket on your way out the door, or one you can carry under nearly any hot weather or other 'fashion-constrained' scenarios, this is a reliable hide-out pistol that fits the need.

JMHO. YMMV.