The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 13, 2011, 10:18 PM   #1
WolfMacabre

Anyone CC a sw9f? Looking for a holster

I'm trying to find a good holster for concealed carrying of my S&W sw9f. I was just wondering if anyone has ever carried one and what type of holster they used and how well it worked for them. I found a Black Hawk but its a little bulky and a tad tight around the gun so I don't know that I like that very much...
Old August 13, 2011, 11:09 PM   #2
Brasscatcher84

I'm in the same boat, but I'm looking for a new carry system for a S&W M&P 9mm. I've been looking at Fobus holsters, and I've heard a lot of good things about them. I've asked on here and I've also gotten positive input. The price is very attractive as well. Definitely worth a look.
Old August 14, 2011, 09:26 AM   #3
bossman

If that's the S&W Sigma it should fit in any holster made for the Glock 17. Plenty of them out there to choose from.

I like the Don Hume PCCH IWB for price and quality.

When the going gets tough, I just open another beer.
Old August 14, 2011, 09:31 AM   #4
GURU1911

Holster recommendation

Gentlemen: The galco "king-tuk" and the crossbreed "super-tuck" models are worthy of your consideration for ccw carry using an "iwb" holster. Several of my family members use these to carry their sidearm.

Guru1911

"THERE AIN'T TOO MANY THINGS THAT YOU CAN'T FIX, WITH $500 DOLLARS OR A .30-06"
Old August 14, 2011, 11:07 AM   #5
Wuchak

Any leather or nylon holster for the Glock 17 will work for the Sigma so you have a lot of choices. Glock 17 holsters will be too big. Plastic form fitted holsters will not work because of the different shaped trigger guards. Those would have to be specifically made for the Sigma. I have a Galco FIST belt slide holster made for the G17 and it works great for the Sigma.

Edit: If the leather holster is form fitted for the G17 you will have to work the unloaded Sigma into and out of it a dozen times or so to get it to fit due to the difference in the shape of the trigger guard.

Edit: Changed 19 to 17.

Last edited by Wuchak; August 14, 2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old August 14, 2011, 11:51 AM   #6
bossman

I know the sigma 9 ve is very close to the g19, but thought the sigma 9-f was a little bigger than the 9ve.

When the going gets tough, I just open another beer.
Old August 14, 2011, 12:13 PM   #7
Wuchak

Good catch Bossman! I was thinking of the 9ve. You are right that the F would be closer to the 17 due to the extra 1/2" of barrel length over the VE. I updated my previous post to remove the inaccurate info.
Old August 17, 2011, 06:43 PM   #8
Topload

I ran into a similar "availability" problem when attempting to find a holster for my CZ 75 C. After a lot of searching, I ended up ordering a holster from UBG
http://www.ubgholsters.com/

Couldn't be happier with the quality / form / fit of Nate's products. I've since bought another of his holsters and a gun belt. All his products have been excellent.
Old August 17, 2011, 09:28 PM   #9
zachkuby87

I have an sw9ve and sw9f I bought a blackhawk serpa holster for the g21 and after som fiddling with it they both fit it just fine. After I purchased it though I found out they do make one specifically for the sw9f 9ve's etc you just have to request it or find someone who carries it
Old August 18, 2011, 01:23 PM   #10
308Gunner

I don't know if they run a line for it, but Kirkpatrick has a wide selection of molds for custom work;

http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/index_le.htm

Like any custom work, not the cheapest thing in the world; however, they are a far cry from the most expensive I've seen. But couldn't hurt to at least shoot 'em an email and ask

— George Mason