The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: If there is a national gun ban, will you turn in your guns?
YES 0 0%
NO 11 100.00%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 19, 2013, 03:32 AM   #1
LRChops

Will you turn in your guns?

IF there is a national ban on so called 'assault weapons' will you turn in your firearms?
Old January 19, 2013, 04:19 AM   #2
Xfire68

There is not a ban and it is unlikely to happen. Speculation on what we might do if something might not happen is a waste of time. Put your efforts into educating those that are on the fence on gun control.
Old January 19, 2013, 04:49 AM   #3
bubbacrabb

Even if a ban did happen, which is HIGHLY unlikely at the federal level there just isnt the votes for it. You would not be turning in weapons, especially if they're trying to do the same ban as 94. All the stuff you currently have would be grandfathered in. That said, you still need to help educate people that are on the fence on gun control like the previous poster stated. States are more likely to pass bans now, like the state of New York which did to my knowledge just tell people that had a certain amount of time to get rid of magazines. This is the kind of stuff you need to be writing your congressman, governors, heck I even wrote my sherrif and mayor on the subject as well. We have to stay proffessional on this. The people running around in camos screaming at people are making us look like real idiots. Even if 10,000 of us are standing there with shirts and ties on with educated reasons why we need support the media will pick out the one moron in the group to interview to make us look bad. Please do your part and show the country how we are just everyday people that love our constitutional right to bear arms.
Old January 19, 2013, 05:08 AM   #4
okiewita40

No way would I ever give up my right to own. Like a lot of other's here I am veteran. I fought for my rights and those of other americans. They can pry my guns from my cold, dead fingers and even then it will be a fight.
Old January 19, 2013, 07:59 AM   #5
Bud Helms

LRChops, please don't be offended, but this particular poll question is a foregone conclusion on a board like this. It serves no purpose unless you are hoping someone comes along and answers, "Yes, I'll turn mine in!", so we can pile on that unfortunate individual. Otherwise we will read the same reply for several pages, learning nothing and accomplishing nothing except aggreeing en masse one more time.

I learned a long time ago that I don't need to post every time I login here. Sometimes (most times) I learn more by just reading.

Closed.
Closed Thread