The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Closed Thread

Old January 12, 2013, 08:09 PM   #1
lordhedgwich

Reloaders selling ammo?

I dont reload. I dont have space, time, money, or know how. Do any of you reloaders sell some ammo on the side? the reason i put this in c&r section is im interested in buying some 8mm mauser and 7.62x25 if any of you do sell. thanks
Old January 12, 2013, 08:12 PM   #2
LAH

There's lots of Class 6 FFL holders who sell ammo.
Old January 12, 2013, 08:22 PM   #3
lordhedgwich

forgive my ignorance but what is class 6?
Old January 12, 2013, 08:26 PM   #4
LAH

A Federal License to manufacture ammunition.
Old January 12, 2013, 08:29 PM   #5
PetahW

An FFL is mandtory to sell ANY loaded ammo, and (due to liability concerns) heavy insurance would be an excellent idea for reloaders inclined to do so.

Old January 12, 2013, 10:09 PM   #6
chiefr

The 2 types ammo you want are probably some of the few that have escaped the current ammo buying pandemonium going on. Have you tried any of the major retailers on line?
Old January 12, 2013, 10:19 PM   #7
lordhedgwich

yes actually and 7.62x25 has not escaped it seems as almost everyone is out of stock same with 8mm and im not really looking to buy in bulk i just want a few boxes of ppu or some surplus to take to the range and plink with i see jg has yugo 8mm 15rds for 10.50 but thats about it unless i wanna pay 27.99 for some special 8mm of some other sites. If anyone sees any good sites with some reasonably priced 7.62x25 or 8mm please do post a link
Old January 12, 2013, 11:19 PM   #8
jonnyc

"An FFL is mandtory to sell ANY loaded ammo"

Not true. No FFL is need to sell loaded ammunition. I think you mean if one were to sell new or reloaded ammunition on a running commercial basis.
Old January 13, 2013, 12:00 AM   #9
tahunua001

Quote:
An FFL is mandtory to sell ANY loaded ammo, and (due to liability concerns) heavy insurance would be an excellent idea for reloaders inclined to do so.
not true, this is covered by ATFs FAQ section. you do not need an FFL to sell ammunition however if you are manufacturing loaded ammunition for the intent of selling then you are in effect commercially manufacturing which does require a FFL6.
a few people get around this in the same way that they get around holding raffles in states that consider raffles gambling. you are free to offer 'donations' to aid the home loader and in return the reloader can offer a 'contributor appreciation gift'.

obviously this becomes questionable territory when done by the thousands of rounds and done for many different individuals however there is nothing wrong with loading up ammo for a friend and in return receive compensation for the price of components. OP, if you have friends that reload, ask them if they would be willing to reload for you if you were to compensate them for their time and materials used and if they do not have the necessary dies then offer to buy them, I know many reloaders that would do it for cost jsut for the experience of getting to try out new calibers. too bad you didn't ask this 2 months ago, I had 1,000 rounds of x25 sitting around that I would have been more than happy to have sold you, sadly I traded them for a MAS36, not that I'm complaining, the MAS36 is so much more enjoyable but I could have gotten a much better deal than I did for the ammo.

Last edited by tahunua001; January 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old January 13, 2013, 12:44 AM   #10
Mike Irwin
Staff

This is not the forum for sales or purchases.

Closed.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread