The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 11, 2012, 12:13 AM   #1
osageid

Over 3000!

I just started reloading in April, I bought a new dillon XL650, I could not be happier reloading! Doesn't matter which brand of reloader, just that you take pride and shoot with pride! I have loaded over 3k rounds and love it! So those that are considering to reload, do it! So much a craft and big element to art of shooting ! This forum has been truly inspirational! Clap for those experts here! Just thought I would say Thank You!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old June 11, 2012, 09:42 AM   #2
delta tide

Quote:
This forum has been truly inspirational! Clap for those experts here!
+1. I just started reloading also. I spent a lot of time on this forum just reading and researching before I purchased my equipment. I also had to ask a question after my first batch, and got some great advice quick from the experienced guys. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by delta tide; June 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old June 11, 2012, 09:51 AM   #3
g.willikers

Is your right arm getting any bigger, yet?
But compared to the serious competitors, you're just getting warmed up.
One of them said that he reloads something like 100,000 rounds per year.
I got exhausted just hearing that.
Old June 12, 2012, 02:04 PM   #4
CherokeeT

Glad its working out for you, reloading has been such a great benefit to my shooting and mental health for over 50 years.
Old June 12, 2012, 02:54 PM   #5
TennJed

I could not have said it better myself. I started a couple of years ago and this site has been a tremendous help.

The art of crafting your own ammo is a great hobby itself
Old June 12, 2012, 03:18 PM   #6
straight-shooter

I started reloading about 7 years ago. It's been a tremendous ride to say the least. Much better ammunition than could ever be purchased.

After a while i came to a fork in the road and wanted the hobby to go even further. That's when the lead casting came into the picture.

Believe me when I say the hard work is in making ingots. After that it's all golden bricked roads to the land of the shining silver stream. Bullets for a fraction of the cost and the satisfaction of knowing you created them. Take the extra step and enjoy!
Old June 13, 2012, 03:07 AM   #7
mumbo719

I honestly can't tell you which I enjoy more, reloading or shooting.
Old June 13, 2012, 06:11 AM   #8
luis7

mumbo719 said: I honestly can't tell you which I enjoy more, reloading or shooting.

Greetings from España
Old June 13, 2012, 06:14 AM   #9
Vince44

Been wanting to start reloading for a long time. Just got to get my garage done. Finally got the money to put a heat pump in it. Now it's just insulation and drywall. The build my reloading table in the back. All the reading I've been doing, I think I'm going with the Dillon.
Old June 13, 2012, 06:41 AM   #10
PawPaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince44
Been wanting to start reloading for a long time. Just got to get my garage done. Finally got the money to put a heat pump in it. Now it's just insulation and drywall. The build my reloading table in the back. All the reading I've been doing, I think I'm going with the Dillon.
There's lots to like in Big Blue, and I'm not going to argue against it, however, I'm one of those guys who still believes that every reloading bench should have a good single stage press. It's the cat's meow for crafting small batches of ammunition such as in load development, four or five rounds for testing. By all means, get a progressive if that's where your interests lie, but make room on the bench for a single-stage. Eventually you'll wish that you had one.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com
Old June 13, 2012, 07:42 AM   #11
wingman

I've been a reloader for 40+ years always happy to see new people getting into the sport, IMO it is a big part of the sport of shooting making good firearms better, I find it relaxing to load, I keep records and can look back over the years, not much has changed except the prices.

Work slow without distraction and be safe, speed does not equal better product.