The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old June 28, 2012, 02:08 AM   #1
Josh Smith

Brass Stacker's Raised Cheek Pad Butt Cuff/Ammo Carrier

Hello,

A while back I received Brass Stacker's original buttstock ammo carrier, by Rick Lowe. I was impressed.

A couple weeks ago I received a 2.75x scout scout scope and mount. I installed it and did a short video review on it. (I am Wabatuckian on YouTube should you wish to see it.)

Yesterday I received one of their newer versions of the buttstock ammo carrier for use with 'scopes.

You can see the raised cheek rest.

The loops take five loose rounds for topping off, while the pouch takes one stripper clip of ammo.

The back is signed by Rick.

A comparison to my faithfully serving ammo holder that I've used for a while now.

I am left-handed, and this is their left-handed version. The right-handed version is a mirror image.

While it's more friendly to the sizes of the Chinese knockoff stripper clips and the original Finnish stripper clips (one of the latter is shown), I did try it with a Russian stripper clip and it works fine!

I will need to put the 'scope back on here and give this a try. I can't imagine it being anything but excellent. Having grown up on 'scopes and only recently determined to shoot really well with iron sights, I am comfortable with a variety of cheek welds for 'scopes, including both American and European styles.

I was having to use a floating European-style weld before. Now I can use the American cheek weld with the rest!

Regards,

Old June 28, 2012, 05:07 PM   #2
gandog56

Jeeze Josh. Just how many gun boards do you belong to?
Old June 28, 2012, 10:37 PM   #3
Josh Smith

Several. And several I no longer remember!