The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 22, 2016, 03:13 PM   #26
Clark

I was helping a defibrillator company with electro magnetic interference [EMI] problems 20 years ago. There would not have been a problem in metal chassis with a few small capacitors to the chassis, but for aesthetic reasons they needed and injection molded plastic chassis that had the style of the day.

I could send the chassis out [to a painting subcontractor] for a conductive paint job. It just made the insides look brown. The problem I have was how I was going to connect to the paint in a way that would last long term. The firemen were grabbing these defibrillators and running into emergencies with them. I tried crazy stuff like a long coil spring with a high spring index ratio [coil diameter divided by wire diameter] that pinched into the paint at many points when the case was closed. It might be easier for the slower static problem, as we could have higher inductance path.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?
Old September 22, 2016, 04:03 PM   #27
gwpercle

For whatever reason plastic does the static electricity thing , remember the comb run through your hair and how it picks up bits of paper ?

I found an aluminum funnel....no static electricity what so ever !
Get a small one for powder into cases and a larger one for pouring powder back into the canister. No sticking , no sparks and they flow free.

Gary