The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 2, 2009, 02:04 AM   #51
Glockeroo

Storm Lake Barrels are awesome!
Old October 5, 2009, 01:42 AM   #52
chroode

http://www.efkfiredragon.com/

All of our products are proudly made and manufactured in the USA.
Old October 5, 2009, 02:03 AM   #53
AZAK

Location: the object towards which the action of the sea is directed
Slander vs Libel

Since this thread was resurrected:
Quote:
I wonder what motivates someone to post such a slanderous statement.
Technically since what is being referenced here is a printed statement, it would be libel not slander.

And in direct response to the OP: I have never replaced a barrel yet. I reload, but not with lead for my Glock 29. (My only Glock that I have kept; and really the only candidate for a barrel replacement, if any.) I personally like jacketed bullets; cost more for practice, but oh well. At least I am still shooting my 10mm handguns by reloading, while I have not seen any ammo for them for many moons in any stores.

Now, go figure...
Old October 6, 2009, 06:13 PM   #54
45_Shooter

Quote:
And in direct response to the OP: I have never replaced a barrel yet. I reload, but not with lead for my Glock 29. (My only Glock that I have kept; and really the only candidate for a barrel replacement, if any.)
This thread is kinda old now; the whole summer I've been reloading for my 9mm and .45 Glocks using cast lead bullets, experiencing no side effects other than the G21 not liking my LSWC's.

I passed on the Lone Wolf barrel for reasons previously stated in the thread, and never found the free money to buy one of the more expensive ones. Instead, I'm actually now quite happy with running my lead reloads through my pistols; they actually seem to lead less than my 1911 barrels do with the same load and prove accurate. The Glocks do seem to like the loads on the hotter side though.

As far as the "slanderous statement" goes, I think the owner of Lone Wolf refusing to admit where even the general area of manufacture of his product is reinforces my original belief. I have heard generally good things about their product though in their defense.
Old October 6, 2009, 06:33 PM   #55
Dave T

Over on GlockTalk it has been reported a couple times that Lone Wolf barrels are made in Korea. The after market slides they sell are too. That's sure not China...but then it ain't in the USA either.

Dave
Old October 6, 2009, 07:03 PM   #56
LanceOregon

Dudes, Lone Wolf does not make ANYTHING!!

They are NOT a manufacturer. They are a distributor, that's all. They don't operate or own any factory. Their corporate name is:

Lone Wolf Distributors

Their barrels could be made in China, Mexico, Albania, Nevada, anywhere!!

I would much rather buy a barrel from a company that actually makes the product that they are selling to me.

Bar-Sto is one of the oldest and most trusted handgun barrel makers that there is. And Storm Lake Barrels has been gaining a good reputation in recent years too.

I would trust both of them, as I know that they make their own products.

Lone Wolf barrels could be made anywhere.

--