The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 2, 2009, 11:12 AM   #1
vanmc11

Standard MKIII fiber optics?

I recently purchased a standard Ruger MKIII with 4 3/4" tapered barrel. It shoots ok but my 66 year old eyes could use some help. The front sight seems to be the same old odd shaped Ruger sight that has been around for years. The blade appears to be pinned to the ring that goes around the end of the barrel. Does anybody know where I might find a blade w/ fiber optic that might change out with the stock blade? Changing blades appears to be a pretty simple procedure.
Thanks,
Van
Old April 2, 2009, 01:41 PM   #2
HisSoldier

Van, You might ask here;
http://www.guntalk-online.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

They are rich with Ruger info.
CNC produced 416 stainless triggers to replace the plastic triggers on Colt Mustangs, Mustang Plus II's, MK IV Government .380's and Sig P238's and P938's. Plus Colt Mustang hardened 416 guide rods, and Llama .32 and .380 recoil spring buttons, checkered nicely and blued.
Old April 2, 2009, 03:36 PM   #3
tom234

I'd just put some neon orange acrylic paint on the front sight. WMT has the paint for ~$1.00 in the crafts department.
The other and best option is to spring for a Red Dot scope. Unfortunately, the fixed sight Rugers aren't drilled & tapped so you'd have to jump that hurdle first. I always recommend buying the adjustable sight models.