The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old July 15, 2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Sea Buck

Remington LT-20 stock removal

I have a Special Field LT-20 and need to change to a youth stock, as my LOP has changed with age. I have not looked at it but I understand that there is a nut that needs to be removed for the stock to slide off. Can you help me out with this as to what I will need to get the job done.Thanks.
Old July 15, 2011, 10:22 AM   #2
GURU1911

Butt-stock removal

Very easy to do:

1. Remove recoil pad / buttplate with phillips head screwdriver. If a rubber recoil pad, smear a dab of soap on the tip & lower shaft of the screwdriver. Locate the holes in the pad & insert tip of driver into the hole. Push inward until you feel the tip of the driver contact the screwhead. Turn driver to the left & pad will begin to lift off the stock,.

2. Remove pad & look inside the buttstock "draw bolt hole" with a strong light. You will see the end of the draw bolt. It typically is a slotted head or hex bolt.

3. Turn it to the left until completely free & then gently pull the buttstock from the end of the receiver.

4. To tinstall, do the reverse of the above instructions.

Guru1911

"THERE AIN'T TOO MANY THINGS THAT YOU CAN'T FIX, WITH $500 DOLLARS OR A .30-06"
Old July 21, 2011, 11:55 AM   #3
Sea Buck

Thanks,Guru1911.(1911A1 Commercial:1953:my constant companion). That looks sinple enough(KISS). I have all the necessary tools at hand.