The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 27, 2012, 11:20 PM   #26
Vance

OH, and congratulations on the new Dillon 550B. Enjoy.
Old January 28, 2012, 01:01 AM   #27
TXGunNut

Congrats on a great new press! I have one of the first 550's so a bit of tinkering was necessary but I think the new ones are pretty much "tinker-free". Extra tubes are nice, I like to have several of both sizes. I hate to get my rhythm down and have to stop and load primer tubes. Good call on the dies, they were the best for Dillon presses 20+ yrs ago, suspect they still are. I keep 231 powder in my Dillon powder measure for weeks, mebbe months @ a time. Plastic hopper is getting pretty dark but powder is fine.
Came to the thread a bit late. I figure a SDB is good for someone who will seldom fire more than 300 pistol rds/mo but when we spend less time loading, we spend more time shooting...then we spend more time loading so we can shoot even more...550B was a wise choice.
My favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.
Old January 28, 2012, 10:41 AM   #28
Kevin Rohrer

Glad to heard you dumped the Yugo for the Cadillac.

Getting the Roller Handle will keep your hand from getting blisters, and the Strong Mount will eliminate the "Dillon Lean".

Caveat Emptor: Cavery Grips/AmericanGripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He is a scammer

Last edited by Kevin Rohrer; January 28, 2012 at 10:52 AM.