The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 3, 2008, 03:38 PM   #26
EJJR

If someone looks at my waistline and sees a handgun, then they know I'm carrying. If they look and don't see a handgun, then they will need to guess if I'm carrying.

"Most folks would not see your handgun if you wore it openly. People are NOT looking at you, they mostly avoid looking at others."

Perhaps where you live.

I know for a fact that many notice when I'm open carrying. I also notice others that open carry; but I actively try to be aware of my surroundings.

Want to learn how to shoot well? http://appleseedinfo.org/
Old January 3, 2008, 03:44 PM   #27
Jkwas

I usually watch the local homeys when they walk the street. Saw the dealer from around the corner walking down my street with the butt of an automatic sticking right out of the front of his pants. His shirt was up over it, and he was fondling it as he walked up to a car. When he saw it was his "friends", he dropped his shirt down over it, and got in the car. Talk about brazen!
Old January 3, 2008, 03:55 PM   #28
EJJR

Talk about brazen

Nah, thats just a street level deterrence.

Want to learn how to shoot well? http://appleseedinfo.org/
Old January 3, 2008, 04:00 PM   #29
CrazyIvan007

Quote:
Once, I saw this guy in a suit printing really bad, but he didn't care because he was guarding Bill. Definitely Secret Service.
LOL, I saw Billy at the Red Rocks Amphitheater here in Denver back when I was like 16 or 17. I saw those guys, dark glasses, ear plugs, suits blowing in the wind...and a silenced MAC 10 with a 30 or 40 round mag hanging inside their coat...