The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old February 9, 2013, 10:07 PM   #1
new_camper

NC Residents Please Write State Reps

In NC republicans have both houses and the Gov. office, now is the time to write your representatives to support some of the gun bills that have been presented. HB 49 is a parking lot storage bill, and HB 17 is a restaurant carry. http://www.nraila.org/legislation/st...-convenes.aspx

Also please write and suggest a bill that would allow parking lot storage on university grounds. As a student it is frustrating not being able to store a handgun in a vehicle.
Old February 9, 2013, 10:38 PM   #2
SamNavy

In your letters, you can highlight that your neighbors immediately to the north in VA have had "bar carry" for almost 3 years now and it's working great.
Old February 9, 2013, 11:52 PM   #3
a7mmnut

Thanks for the info, Camper. Last week's rally on the State Legislative grounds proved quite informative. Many of our local "representatives" had a much darker view on firearms than those that attended. It's time to also let those idiots know who they are working for. They certainly don't represent me if they don't share my views. Time to get out! Pass it on--face to face.

-7-
Old February 10, 2013, 01:00 AM   #4
SycoPath

I have written to all my state reps and the [President's] press secretary in D.C. about the 2nd Amendment. The only answer I got back was from Kay Hagen, apparently a form email. It said she was against "unnecessary" changes to the 2nd amendment. I wrote back and said all changes to the 2nd Amendment were unnecessary. She seems to be anti-gun in some way.

Last edited by Spats McGee; February 10, 2013 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Removing snark