The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 7, 2001, 10:20 AM   #1
bcgunner

Hi,
I'm thinking of starting reloading and I was wondering what kind of savings I could expect. How much it costs you in materials (minus the brass) to reload 9mm & .45ACP?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 8, 2001, 03:23 PM   #2
Gottagetme1

bcgunner,
I'm in B.C. as well and am looking into reloading at this very moment(9mm,45acp,357&44mag).I am currently shooting 150-200 rounds a week of both 9mm & 45cal.$$$OUCH! Buying 9mm @ $10.30bx 45 @ 14.75bx. Hope to cut this in half. I will post some prices when I get them together possibly later today. Email me if you like.
Later, Dave
Old May 9, 2001, 05:58 AM   #3
John Lawson

Reduced Price

Cross the border into Blaine and pick up a phone directory. Look under gunshops. You'll find an extremely large one (Kesselring's)that sells at just a tad over wholesale. Kill 48 hours in the US and go back to do some reloading.
Old May 9, 2001, 08:16 AM   #4
SDC

I save around half, meaning that I can shoot twice as much for the same price. Be warned, it is addictive; I started out loading for handgun only, but quickly started loading for my shotguns, and now for my rifles. Once your initial cost is out of the way, it's remarkably cheap. I'm not sure about reloading suppliers in BC (though I used to live in the Vancouver area; do yourself a favour and take a look at Kesselrings, just south of Bellingham), but I live about an hour away from Ammomart in Ontario now; he's a big mail-order supplier, and can probably supply you with most of what you need.