The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 6, 2012, 03:37 PM   #26
Rembrandt

You're right....
Not much available for Bobergs right now.
'
Old November 6, 2012, 04:13 PM   #27
aarondhgraham

About them Bobergs,,,

Quote:
The Boberg is an interesting pistol, I may have to get one someday
The goal for the design was to get a little more barrel length in a short frame,,,
They are sort of like bull-pups but in a pistol format.

I've yet to actually see one in real life,,,
I would love to send a few rounds downrange.

Aarond

Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)
Old November 6, 2012, 06:55 PM   #28
bonefamily

That Taurus .22-Ply up in post #13 looks alot like the Beretta 21A Bobcat.

(I would have replied with quote but I don't see the option to do so. Can someone please point out the "reply with quote" icon - my eyes must be failing me...)
Old November 6, 2012, 08:19 PM   #29
Cheapshooter

Quote:
Quote:
Heizer "Double Tap" in 9mm or .45, has the potential to lead in this category.
Quote:
Quote:
It’s my understanding that Heizer Double Tap just lost their contract with the manufacturing company and is looking for another company to take up the job of building the gun. This looks to me like the loss has caused the usual funding problems and may push the pistol into the vaporware category.
A 2-shooter at a price of $500-$800, and can't seem to get off the ground! Not a likely contender. More of an expensive novelty.

It won't be a Heizer even if it does finally get made.

Quote:
Unfortunately, with the deepest regret, today I announce that we have terminated our relationship with HEIZER DEFENSE, our manufacturing partner, due to their inability to manufacture the DoubleTap pistol. I cannot comment further on this subject at this time, under advice from legal counsel, due to pending litigation.
Quote:
Quote:
due to their inability to manufacture the DoubleTap pistol.
Interesting, Due to what, Inoperable design maybe? Don't know, just wondering.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old November 6, 2012, 09:22 PM   #30
Dragline45

Quote:
I can pocket carry a Glock26, S&W 38, Sig p238, Sig p938, Ruger LCR-22-LCP-LC9. what do you want to pocket carry.
I can pocket carry pretty much all of those also, but especially something like the Glock 26 just takes too long to draw smoothly. And although this method works for me when standing, when I sit a huge bulge just sticks out of the top of my thigh. I don't know if you can call this pocket carry but for the past 6 months or so I have been sewing the back pockets of my old jeans at 4 or 5 o'clock inside my pants. It gives you the option of carrying IWB without all the added bulk of a holster.
Old November 6, 2012, 09:53 PM   #31
1 old 0311-1

Anyone got a 'road test' on the Boberg? Reliable? Break in time? Personal observations? Thanks.
Old November 13, 2012, 12:12 PM   #32
simonrichter

thanks for all the suggestions so far. It occurs to me that although the .380 is considered "outdated" by many, there are still a lot of even current designs based on that caliber. Didn't hear much about e.g. the .25 NAA or 32. NAA after the first hype...

Does anybody know whether there are newer "handgun specialized" calibers to come on the near future? (apart from the even (nearly) pocket sized 9x19ers that also appeared recently, but that is merely an old major caliber in a small package)
Old November 13, 2012, 03:10 PM   #33
mrt949

I have owned all of the KEL TEC'S over the years .They have are good guns .Now I have two mouse pistols left a SEECAMP 32 & BERETTA 21A in 22lr . I LIKE THE FEEL OF STEEL .
Old November 13, 2012, 04:19 PM   #34
PetahW

IMHO, rails, etc, make no sense on a pocket pistol, unless you're the Jolly Green Giant, and can pocket CCW with an attached light/laser.

I'm partial to the 9mm Parabellum/Luger Kimber Solo

Old November 13, 2012, 05:48 PM   #35
Rembrandt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 old 0311-1
Anyone got a 'road test' on the Boberg? Reliable? Break in time? Personal observations? Thanks.
Haven't had mine long enough to give an in depth review...so far about 300 rounds through it, been absolutely flawless. Really tickled with my Boberg.

Here's a more detailed review that might answer your questions...

http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2...-s-review.html
Old November 23, 2012, 11:14 AM   #36
Warrior1256

I frequently carry a S & W 642 .38 Airweight. It is small, light, accurate and powerful loaded with +p.
Old November 25, 2012, 01:08 AM   #37
stormyone

When it comes to modern pocket pistols, I think there are 3 great choices, depending on your preferences.... If you like revolvers, the S&W 642 is a great choice. There are great self defense loads in 38+P out there. Great pocket pistol, but the cylinder keeps it from concealing as well as the next gun......

If you want the best concealment in pocket carry, the Ruger LCP is hard to beat. Mine has been flawless through hundreds of rounds. It's a .380, but I'm comfortable with modern 380 self defense bullet technology.

If you like the 9mm, Kahr's PM9 is hard to beat. It doesn't conceal quite as well as the LCP, but its hard to beat the fire power it offers.
Old November 25, 2012, 10:46 AM   #38
kahrguy

I only conceder a micro sized 380 when a 9mm is not practical but I am big enought to pocket a larger pistol. But when a micro 380 is needed then the taurus TCP380 is at the top of my list and 2 are in our family . It has a slide hold open , the best trigger of maybe any DA type trigger ever. It is not picky about HP loads ether. Price can run from 185 bucks with one mag to 260 bucks for a black SS and 2 mags LGS price with the dealers worth a darn. My main CC pocket gun is a 9mm cm kahr but nano, db9, shield and a pile of j frames all work very well most of the time as a pocket pistol to be practical with out Killing your wallet .
Old November 25, 2012, 11:32 AM   #39
Kelly Johnson

Handy link

This has helped me when looking for compare/contrast in the various Mouseys
http://mouseguns.com/CompactCompare.pdf
Old November 25, 2012, 11:57 AM   #40
barstoolguru

Quote:
I'm partial to the Boberg 9mm.....
more moving parts higher risk of failure
Old November 26, 2012, 07:48 AM   #41
lapetrarca53

Looked around for quite a while before buying a pocket pistol for SD and recently picked up a Taurus TCP 738 in .380. I'm VERY pleased with the variety of ways it can be worn. Front pocket, back pocket, IWB holster are all no problem. And, as someone mentioned in an earlier post, nice trigger.
Old November 26, 2012, 08:16 AM   #42
Dashunde

There are two little NAA pistols that have caught my eye recently; the NAA-32NAA and the smaller NAA-25NAA
The first runs 380 brass necked down to a 32, and the second runs 32 brass necked down to 25.
If you like the idea of a smaller bullet moving faster, the same concept as the very potent 357sig, these might be for you.

NAA is pretty forthcoming with the ballistics info there and Corbon appears to be the sole ammo manufacturer, so I'd expect those numbers to hold constant.
The limited source of ammo isnt appealing, but its not a high round count pistol, so ordering a few boxes online seems easy enough, and theyre just a few bucks more than 380.

Too bad the tiny pistols are heavier than a LCP and almost as heavy as a PM9.

Last edited by Dashunde; November 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old November 28, 2012, 04:02 PM   #43
cohoskip

My preferences:

in .380 = Colt Mustang Pocketlite
in 9mm = Kahr PM9

NRA Life Member