The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 28, 2006, 08:38 PM   #1
torque

where to buy "oem" parts

I'm looking for a site to buy a factory pistol grip/shoulder stock and the foregrip for my remington 870, like the ones that come on the new "tactical" shotguns. The gun on the top. I can't find anything on the remington website.

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...l_shotguns.asp

thanks in advance.
Old February 28, 2006, 09:08 PM   #2
Jart

Brownells stocks Remington OEM.

But it appears that the stuff in the link you posted is either Speedfeed or Knoxx with Remington being pretty upfront about it.

Given the "new for '06" status it might take a while for Brownell's to get listed - give 'em a call and see what gives, assuming you really don't want to just get the Speedfeed or Knoxx. Brownell's handles the Speedfeed and the dude from Knoxx hangs around these fora - he's a helpful sort and can get you fixed up if you'd consider that spiffy item in the middle of the Remmie page.
Old February 28, 2006, 10:17 PM   #3
torque

thanks for the help, but the recoil doesn't bother me at all, even with 00 buck, so I don't really need the "shock absorber" stock, I just like the looks and feel of the one on the top. I wish I could have gotten it on my marine.
Old March 1, 2006, 01:38 PM   #4
CaCrusin

The solution...

The same stock (the SpecOps) will be available without the recoil reduction feature for $69.95 in about 5 weeks. It's called teh SpecOps NRS (No Recoil System) and is for those tough guys who don't mind punishing recoil It can be upgraded later to the recoil system if desired.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM