The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 9, 2008, 09:14 PM   #1
Plaz

Recommended Range Bags

I would appreciate receiving opinion on recommended Range bags. I intend to do only target shooting for fun at the range. I want to carry a pistol and a revolver, some ammo and some magazines. Any other things you think I ought to carry will be appreciated? I want to be able to lock the compartments holding the guns?

Thank you!!
Old January 9, 2008, 09:39 PM   #2
PPGMD

Any nylon bag will be useless for locking beyond prevent busy bodies for getting into the bag.

Personally I just use an old flight bag that I have had for years, holds gun box, and all the things I need for a day at the range.

But if you simply must have a dedicated range bag this is the best one that I have seen:
http://shootersconnection.com/shootingbag.htm
Old January 9, 2008, 09:40 PM   #3
sholling

I have two. The smaller is a Wolf Small Range Bag. It's just right for two pistols, hearing protection and a few hundred rounds. Google found it for $25.

The larger is huge and it's easy to get yourself loaded down like a pack mule. I can recommend it for those days when you need four-plus pistols and a thousand rounds of ammo. It really does work great for those days. Your chiropractor will love you.

A nice middle of the road choice might be the Wolf Large Bag for ~$35.
Old January 9, 2008, 09:45 PM   #4
RDF

I just purchased my first range bag, The Midway one is one sale. Its bigger then what I thought. I had 3 pistols w/mags and 1 revolver, saftey glasses, 2 hearing muffs, targets and several boxes of ammno still had plenty of room, just need to figure how to place everthing in it's place.
Old January 9, 2008, 10:27 PM   #5
cide1

wal-mart bag

I didnt have a lot of cash, and needed a range bag, so I bought one at wal-mart. It was the only one they stocked. I would call it medium size, and it was $20. Has worked alright so far.
Old January 9, 2008, 10:54 PM   #6
Diesel1

Midway's is on sale $39.99

I didn't feel the need for a lock on my range bag so I picked up the big Midway one that's on sale now. I've had several range bags, and this one is the best of them all.
Old January 10, 2008, 01:32 PM   #7
kamerer

These bags are, I believe, better designed than the Dillon bags I've used and I use one now and tote 5 to six handguns at a time in it easily. they always have promotional sales, too.

http://www.tommysgunpack.com/

I think it's the best for the money out there at the moment. Check out their "D-range" bag.
Old January 11, 2008, 05:13 PM   #8
jhansman

Take a close look at Midway's. For the $$, it may be the best value out there.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...680&t=11082005
Old January 13, 2008, 09:04 AM   #9
BHP9

+2 on Shooters Connection.

A very solid bag.
Old January 13, 2008, 09:34 AM   #10
tomf52

Any sport or athletic type bag from WalMart or the like works fine. It also has the advantage of not broadcasting "gun". Much cheaper too.
Old January 13, 2008, 01:33 PM   #11
Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamerer
These bags are, I believe, better designed than the Dillon bags I've used and I use one now and tote 5 to six handguns at a time in it easily. they always have promotional sales, too.

http://www.tommysgunpack.com/

I think it's the best for the money out there at the moment. Check out their "D-range" bag.
Looks like this recommendation lasted only about twelve hours, so take it with a small salt lick.