The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 4, 2014, 09:51 PM   #26
2afreedom

I would take the Ruger over the Smith because it has a better trigger pull. Both are solid, reliable guns.
Old July 4, 2014, 10:02 PM   #27
1stmar

Have these hit the stores yet?
Old July 5, 2014, 08:23 AM   #28
SVTCobra306

Very nice price point.. looks like S&W is about to have trouble selling the SD9, assuming Ruger keeps their trigger the same (and why wouldn't they?)
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Old July 5, 2014, 01:23 PM   #29
luckycanine

Just got the 3301 model...stainless over polymer. Accurate, nice trigger which should get better. No jams. Tried the "feel" at Academy for the SR9, the M&P and the Glock side by side. The SR9 has a slim grip, like a single stack almost which I favored. The compact model may also be worth looking at:

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr9c/index.html?r=y
Old July 5, 2014, 01:30 PM   #30
Venom1956

Quote:
Just got the 3301 model...stainless over polymer. Accurate, nice trigger which should get better. No jams. Tried the "feel" at Academy for the SR9, the M&P and the Glock side by side. The SR9 has a slim grip, like a single stack almost which I favored. The compact model may also be worth looking at:
You do realize the 9E is a superior version to the SR9 and SR9c as a combat pistol correct?

It removes all the needless 'safety features' that were found on the original.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old July 5, 2014, 05:16 PM   #31
bubbaturbo

Venom1956 said: "It removes all the needless 'safety features' that were found on the original."

What besides the loaded chamber indicator?
Old July 5, 2014, 06:21 PM   #32
Fishbed77

Quote:
You do realize the 9E is a superior version to the SR9 and SR9c as a combat pistol correct?

It removes all the needless 'safety features' that were found on the original.
No it doesn't.

The 9E still has the unnecessary thumb safety and magazine disconnect.
Old July 5, 2014, 08:33 PM   #33
lee n. field

Quote:
The 9E still has the unnecessary thumb safety and magazine disconnect.
Does it or does it not have the magazine disconnect? I've seen nothing definite on Ruger's page, just a lack of mention of it.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old July 5, 2014, 11:28 PM   #34
Venom1956

I've read that the mag disconnect is gone... it wasnt an article or anything but If its not i'll be quite disappointed.

The manual safety doesn't bother me as much as it troubles u fish
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug