The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 31, 2008, 09:59 PM   #51
ElectricHellfire

Pretty ingenious but my wife would probably prefer not having my Glock 21 pointed at her face during my turbulent sleepy times.
Old September 1, 2008, 11:59 AM   #52
Stone Cold

The other thing, if you use your pillows during amorous undertakings (hey, sometimes things need padding and/or propping), you may have to keep a few "conventional" pillows on hand, possibly under the bed, for easy, quick access.
Old September 1, 2008, 12:54 PM   #53
ZeSpectre

I think the idea is NUTZ! However I also think that people coming up with stuff like this also come up with other things that turn out to be FANTASTIC ideas so keep on trying!
Old September 1, 2008, 05:23 PM   #54
ElectricHellfire

Quote:
if you use your pillows during amorous undertakings
ROFL! True but a most amusing way to put it.
Old September 1, 2008, 06:22 PM   #55
Kreyzhorse

Quote:
if you use your pillows during amorous undertakings
Funny....... I won't add to it by discussing N.D.s though.....
Old September 2, 2008, 06:14 AM   #56
rogertc1

A good ideal however I am not that paranoid living in a low crime area and have a dog.
Could be marketed as a safe place for valuables too. A hotel room traveling buddy.
Old September 3, 2008, 03:08 PM   #57
.22lr

I'm so so so sorry but i have to...

PILLOW FIGHT!
In all seriousness though, I think this is a bad idea as you would have to permanently fix the pillow to the bed so you'd know what side of the pillow the opening is on. That and the ability for it to snag in the pillow, etc just seems like a very elaborate and somewhat iffy to a problem that is better served by good locks, a loud alarm and a great dog (dogs in general all are, except the tiny yippy ones. Also, lets not overlook that there are generally more than one pillow on the bed (My beautiful wife has decreed that here should be more pillows, I think we are up to 5 now). "stay right there while I try another pillow!" oh yeah, sleepwalkers should probably stay away too.

But other posters hit the nail on the head, its your product and business, i neither gain nor suffer from your endeavor, but my opinion is that I think it would be of dubious benefit, and that the lawyers would tear the waivers you'd have people sign to shreds
Old September 4, 2008, 01:17 AM   #58
wookie810

I can just see this on an A&E crime special now. Man convicted of murdering his wife. Claims that he accidentally shot his wife while sleeping because of his gun pillow. Prosecutors nail him on it. He continues to plead his innocence to no avail. Just seems like an accident waiting to happen. And the guy that was getting robbed in the hotel room was awake at the time. And how coincidental is it that the guy robbing him made him lay right next to the pistol? If he would have been carrying it they wouldn't have even made it past the door. He did have a CCW permit as the article states.
Old September 9, 2008, 11:13 AM   #59
Hemicuda

Cost my man, we need a preliminary cost... and when might they be actually available..

gun and car collector.
Rare cars, and rarer guns.
Old September 9, 2008, 12:14 PM   #60
nra_guns_winner

No reason to even remove the pistol from the pillow. (Unless you have a semi auto) Your already going to have a mess to clean up if you must use it.
Old January 5, 2009, 10:46 PM   #61
ISC

hmmm
Old January 5, 2009, 11:30 PM   #62
Tucker 1371

Ehhhh... not for me

I'm just picturing all kinds of ways that might cause an accident. I have really intense dreams too (not that kind ) and God only knows what I might do in my sleep. Ill keep my HD gun propped in the corner next to my bed, that's quick enough for any scenario I might face.
OEF 2011 Sangin, Afg. Molon Labe
Old January 5, 2009, 11:33 PM   #63
scorpion_tyr

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks having a loaded firearm pointed at your head is a bad idea.
Old January 6, 2009, 01:59 AM   #64
Gunlocator

Here is the way i see it. I think you have a product that some will buy. However even with disclaimers and liability insurance that does not mean you will not get sued. Anyone can sue and I can assure you some attorney will find a legit reason your product is unsafe and I would hate to see anyones fate in the hands of a jury that may rule a judgement higher than your liability insurance and you loose everything you have. And with this design I can clearly see this happening. I dont think it will take a rocket scientist to see this is a accident waiting to happen. I do wish you the best in your venture but feel your risk are way too high on this. I have a digital safe next to my bed I can reach over and key in the code in total darkness in seconds out of a dead sleep. You can ask my wife I have done it several times when she has woken me saying she heard a noise or I woke up for one reason or another. I think with self training and close location of a secured firearm you would be MUCH better off than with a design like yours and a lot safer. Just my $.02