The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 5, 2006, 08:21 AM   #1
tjhands

Rear sight removal on Beretta 92FS Inox

Holy heck, the thing is IN there! I'm used to doing this on Glocks, where all I need is a punch and hammer, but this is in a totally different league.

I've gotten advice that I need to disassemble (remove) the safety levers first, and that somehow will release pressure on the sight to the point I can easily tap it out. Can anyone confirm this?

I called around yesterday to a couple gunsmiths in my area, but to tell you the truth, they didn't sound knowledgable with this gun, and I wouldn't trust them to remove the old (stock) sight and install my new Novak sight properly.

Is there a trustworthy place you know of (possibly yourself even?) that I can send my slide and new sight for proper installation? Thanks so much.
Old May 5, 2006, 01:53 PM   #2
SDLAW

If no one here has the answer, you can find it here.

http://www.berettaforum.net/cgi-bin/...ultimatebb.cgi
Old May 5, 2006, 02:07 PM   #3
tjhands

SDLAW, thank you.