The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old April 26, 2012, 09:02 PM   #1
Deja vu

What to do while you wait on your first suppressor?

What to do while you wait for paper work?

I have at least 4 more months to wait on my suppressor according to a call I made (6-8 months total)

I have all ready threaded my barrel, came up with 2 different sub sonic loads and now I dont know what else to do. Waiting can be crazy. I guess I am slightly obsessed. My dealer says that he will let me take it out with him some time soon but so far he has not had the chance (he is a land lord in addition to owning a gun shop)

What do or did you guys do while waiting on your first suppressor? I have been shooting my gun alot but I hear I may have to adjust the sights (a bit) once the suppressor is on.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...
Old April 26, 2012, 10:16 PM   #2
1Hobie

Shoot something else a lot!

Hobie
Old April 26, 2012, 10:16 PM   #3
David Hineline

Just buy some NFA item every month, then once the initial 6 month wait is over, every month after that something comes home.
Old April 26, 2012, 11:34 PM   #4
Indi

I bought another suppressor, than a host for the other suppressor. Then bought another host for the first suppressor. Than stocked up on ammo for both calibers, got into reloading, watched every video on YouTube about the suppressors I bought, and read all the reviews. I have about two weeks left before I hit the 6month mark on the first suppressor, and its harder than the first four months. Bought another gun not associated with the suppressor calibers I bought so I could shoot without thinking about the suppressor, didn't work cause now I want a threaded barrel for the new gun. Currently I'm reading world war z and all I can think about is how many zombies I can kill suppressed!!!! Good luck, it wont be easy.
Old April 27, 2012, 07:37 AM   #5
Skans

Use ear plugs.
Old April 27, 2012, 01:48 PM   #6
Willie Lowman

Skans wins.
Old April 29, 2012, 09:15 AM   #7
Deja vu

Quote:
Use ear plugs.
That is the best response

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...