The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 17, 2005, 11:48 PM   #1
Luthier

Browning Citori Replacement Stocks

My grandfather just gave me a browning (japanese don't know the year but from what he says it is at least 10 yars old) It shoots amazing and handles great but the stocks are pretty chewed up. I could easily just refinish them, but for sentimental reasons I would rather not, but I do appreciate the look and feel of nice lookin and smooth stocks. Which leads me to my question. Does anyone know where I can find some replacement stocks for the gun? That way I ccan keep the ones that is on it right now in the same condition, for future generations, but still have nice new ones to use now.
Old January 18, 2005, 09:26 AM   #2
HunterTRW

The following information came from the Browning (North America) Website (www.browning.com) (scroll down the left-hand side of the page to "Firearms Service," then select "How do I order parts for my Browning firearm?"):

"Q. How do I order parts for my Browning firearm?
A. For information concerning Browning parts you can contact Browning Parts:

Browning Parts
One Browning Place
Arnold, Missouri 63010
636-287-6800
Fax: 800-817-4755

When ordering parts it is important that you list the code number, part name, caliber or gauge, model, grade and serial number. All parts prices are F.O.B. (Freight on Billing) point of shipment. Since Browning parts will not interchange with guns of other manufacturers, our parts sales and repairs are limited to our products. You can also view available parts for the firearms Browning currently has inventory for by going to the Gun Parts Price List.

If you need parts or service for an obsolete Browning firearm, you can go to Parts and Service for Obsolete Browning Firearms.

We also providing a listing of Recommended Service Centers that can assist you in getting parts or service for your firearms."

Hope this helps.

Good luck, and good shooting!
Old January 18, 2005, 12:16 PM   #3
Luthier

Thanks for the info. I did find one place online after a lot of searching, but I'll give browning a call. I did find out from the website that the shotgun was made in 1974. Here is a pic. I really like this gun. It swings so nicely, and fires smooth after it was cleaned up.