The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 23, 2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Arutyun

ALERT: ATF to Ban Tactical Shotguns

What the F... Heck!!! - Thats what i thought!!!

Today I receive e-mail from Rocky Mountain Gun Owners club about ban of tactical shotguns, it was little scary filling that i wound have to get rid of mine. So i Kept reading email. At the and of the email I saw Thing that WE can do to stop the ban...... So what are they, you ask!!! It turns out all we have to do is BUY A BOOK.. ))))) that was a relief. So they Just Market a book this way!!!

But Have Anyone heard anything about the Ban, or it's fake claim???

Here is email i received....

If you are, I'm afraid the rain is about to fall on your parade. You see, the ATF is coming for your shotguns ... with a vengeance.

The ATF wants to ban the importation of any tactical shotgun it views as not meeting the "sporting suitability" use as defined in the Gun Control Act of 1968.

That means all they need to do is make up a bunch of "features" that don't (according to them) "fit" a sporting use of a shotgun.

It's an open door for an outright shotgun ban ... the very same shotguns that are probably in your gun safe right this minute.

This ban may seem too horrible and too outrageous to be real. But believe me when I tell you: This is no hoax.

Make no mistake: This ban will affect hundreds of gun makers who produce shotguns that are currently in use not only by law enforcement and the military in the United States but also homeowners who simply want an effective home defense shotgun.

The real question is, what can you do about it? For starters, get informed about these guns. Our friends at Gun Digest have just released a new book you need to own. It's called the Gun Digest Book of the Tactical Shotgun. It's brand new, and you need it to make a good decision about all the new options on the market (options the ATF may soon outlaw).

This book covers everything you need to know about which tactical shotguns and accessories are the best and what will fit your fighting style and needs.

Buy this book. Then buy a shotgun. In that order.

But there's one more thing. Part of the proceeds from your purchase of this book (and my other recommended books found below) goes to support Rocky Mountain Gun Owners. So take a minute to stockpile a good assortment of books. Add The Gun Digest Book of the Tactical Shotgun to your cart while you still can.

Thanks for your support
Old February 23, 2011, 01:48 PM   #2
PawPaw

What is a tactical shogun?

Tactical isn't a piece of equipment, it's a state of mind.

It appears that email was designed to sell books rather than to worry about what the ATFE might do.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com
Old February 23, 2011, 01:49 PM   #3
BigJimP

No, its just scare tactics ....to sell books and guns .... in my opinion, ignore it.

There are all kinds of "proposals" out there ....and most of them never get out of committee / or off someones desk ...

But its another reason to make sure your dues are paid up with the NRA ..in my opinion.
Old February 23, 2011, 01:53 PM   #4
LordTio3

And quick! Send this e-mail to 50 of your closest friends in the next 18 seconds, spin around 3 times, and fart into the wind and you're 1 true love will bust through the wall like the Kool-Aid man and sweep you away on an amazing vacation!

Come on. This is what passes for news now?

Ridiculous.

~LT
Old February 23, 2011, 01:54 PM   #5
rottieman33

I hear stuff like this all the time its a scare tactic to get people worried and it raises the gun prices so the seller can get a couple $100 more in there pocket. I just bought a Saiga 12 2 weeks later the some one said the same thing and the gun went up $200 in price.
Old February 23, 2011, 03:07 PM   #6
Mike Irwin
Staff

Yes, ATF is looking at regulating the importation of shotguns more closely.

That was announced around the time of the shotshow.

It is under discussion already in this thread in Law and Civil Rights:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...ctical+shotgun

Closing this as both a duplicate and being in the wrong forum.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread