The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 18, 2009, 12:00 AM   #1
btefft

I ordered an RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 Powder Scale and Dispenser Combo

I ordered an RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 Powder Scale and Dispenser Combo

I heard a lot of good things about it and finally order one from Midway - to my house $299.02 (best price I found - and it was Available, can you believe it?

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag..._campaign=9315

I plan to use it more with my stick powders than with ball.

Hack
Old March 18, 2009, 10:40 AM   #2
btefft

Another brother told me he followed my link and the price is 319.99.

Here's my response to him:
"Wow, hayseed, last night it showed 319.99, but it was also listed in RED as "ON SALE" for 287.99 and with S&H (11.03) it cost me 299.02.

I just clicked on the link I gave and see that the read sale price is gone, it just shows 319.99.

Looks like I got lucky and bought it just in time for the sale price.

You may try calling Midway and see if they'd do the sale price for you."

Hack
Old March 18, 2009, 12:31 PM   #3
Tuzo

Good choice

After using my ChargeMaster for over one year I am well pleased with its performance. Used to check every tenth charge with a beam balance, discovered unerring accuracy, and quit checking. The ChargeMaster works very well with all powders. No more dealing with the cutting action of manual powder measures with extruded powders. My favorite feature is the AUTO measure - set the empty pan on the platen and the machine will measure automatically without having to press any buttons. Read and follow instructions and you cannot go wrong.

I also shopped around and bought mine for $275. At the same time a ChargeMaster sold on eBay for over $400. Bidder must have lost his rationality in the emotion of the auction.
Old March 18, 2009, 01:41 PM   #4
ForneyRider

Very satisfied with mine.

about 1-2 in 10 charges are light, and it doesn't trickle it in. But easily remedied and it keeps up with my process.
Old March 18, 2009, 02:28 PM   #5
.22lr

Love mine

Quick easy and accurate, great all around. The beep is an annoying attention getter.

Matt
Old March 26, 2009, 03:42 PM   #6
James R. Burke

I have had one since they first started coming out. Never had a problem, and love it. You wont be sorry.
Old March 27, 2009, 11:20 AM   #7
farmall

I got mine from the bargain cave at Cabelas...it was missing the check weights, but was on sale for $169, IIRC. Snapped it up, knowing that whatever was wrong, if anything, RCBS would stand behind it. I called them to try to buy a set of weights....they refused to sell them, and sent them to me free.
It works great, and I am 100% satisfied
It's not as fast as throwing with a measure, but if you figure the time spent to get a measure set up with extruded powder, it evens things out a bit.
Wouldn't be without it now.
Andy
Old March 29, 2009, 12:59 AM   #8
Bike Effects

ForneyRider Said "Very satisfied with mine. About 1-2 in 10 charges are light, and it doesn't trickle it in. But easily remedied and it keeps up with my process."

How is it remedied?