The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 31, 2010, 03:36 PM   #1
mike in nc

1075 "PLUS" caps

I think my pistols like the #10 cap, but having difficulty finding any locally. I was able to find some 1075 Plus's, but from what I read these are for Magnums. Not sure what this means and if it is ok to use on my 1851 Brass Navy.
Thanks
Old October 31, 2010, 04:51 PM   #2
Andy Griffith

I'm not too certain on the RWS mixture, but if it means "magnum" like the CCI #11M's, it means it has a little powdered metal in the mix to make it shower more sparks and make it more likely to start harder to ignite loads. It won't hurt a thing in a brass frame. The thing to be more concerned with it cap fit to the nipple.
Old October 31, 2010, 09:21 PM   #3
arcticap

I agree. A the extra amount of hot gases that are produced by the "magnum" or "plus" caps is only going to escape out from the cylinder gap anyway. Not that you really need them but they would work to enhance better ignition and more complete powder burn.
RWS makes very reliable caps. Give them a try and let us know how they fit and work with your pistol.
Old November 2, 2010, 10:18 AM   #4
mike in nc

I have only fired the 1075 PLUS with no powder or lead so far, and it was like the 4th of July,,, sparks everywhere. That prompted my question. I will try them live in a couple weeks and let you know the outcome.
Thanks