The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 11, 2011, 12:48 AM   #26
Tuzo

Glock bulge for brass rats

After shooting I hang around the Glock shooters and pick up their brass. I learned that most Glock shooters do not reload for various reasons. Their, now my, brass goes through a bulge buster from Lee Precision and I feel slightly smug and a little bit superior and also proud of salvaging otherwise orphaned brass.
Old October 11, 2011, 08:13 PM   #27
orionengnr

The OP has me beat on quanity, but...

I am a "quality before quantity" type of guy.

I picked up about 180 pieces of 10mm about a month ago, and considered stopping on the way home to buy a lottery ticket...but didn't want to press my luck.
Old October 11, 2011, 10:00 PM   #28
dickttx

I was lucky today. Shooting beside two guys who were throwing brass all over. I asked if they wanted it, they said no. More than a box each of .45 ACP and 9mm. One of my best days. I use the "range safe" time to go thru the brass buckets. Half a box on a good day.
Old October 11, 2011, 10:59 PM   #29
awbrock

I have a simular "problem". I can't walk down to my target with out stopping and picking up fired bullets. I have a bucket for brass and a bucket for bullets that I take with me every range trip. Before taking the buckets, I'd just load the floor mat in my truck down with lead and brass.

Our range is mostly SC sand with red clay berms 200m, 150m, 100m, 50m, and 25m. I find lots of 9mm, 40 and 45 bullets on the long ranges.
Guess someone is praticing lob shots.

The hunting is always better after a good rain.