The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old September 11, 2013, 04:51 PM   #51
markj

Gee, last gun sow I was leaving, a guy was carrying in a winchester 94 in 30-30. I asked him if he was gonna sell it, he said yep. I asked him about the gun, it is a 1959 model in vry good condition, bought it for 500.00.

I was in a tore up tee shirt, am over 6 ft and 300 lbs of farm boy kinda large in size.

Sure glad he didnt pull a gun and shoot my butt

Maybethe guy was so interested in your gun he didnt understand what you were doing or that you were in fear of him. Vermont has a lot of very nice folks altho a bit clannish and dont talk to outsiders much but they are some nice folks up there. I used to do 2 credit unions in vermont, them folks didnt talk to me for a week, then I fixed a PC, I was the hero I always have a place to stay in vermont them are nice people there.
Old September 11, 2013, 06:26 PM   #52
Vermonter

We are nice people for sure

We are very nice folks here. That is just it. I would think it impolite to start with to yell about someones purchase from a distance away. Sure he could obviously see the Tupperware case I was walking away with. He knew I had a Glock.

I don't understand why it would be so hard to believe that my gut told me something was wrong with this cat.

Here is the simple fact: If I was wrong about him the worst thing that happened is offending him. Considering that I believe I was right about him I believe we saved ourselves from bodily harm.

I would rather offend a stranger than be harmed so I am ok with the way it played out.

Regards, Vermonter
Old September 11, 2013, 06:40 PM   #53
Glenn E. Meyer

That's it. We are seeing folks being snide for its own sake.

Vermonter acted in a reasonably manner IMHO. If you want to act differently, go ahead.

Going in circles and thus closed.