The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 9, 2011, 01:41 AM   #1
TennJed

Natchez shooters supplies...WOW

I ordered my Reloading set-up this past weekend. I did a lot of comparison shopping on the net and found that Factory Sales LLC had the best prices and Natchez Shooters Supplies a close second. From Factory Sales I got:

Lee Classic Turret $84.48
4 hole Turret $9.98
2 Round Die Boxes $2.30 (each)
38sp/357 Lee deluxe 4 die set $33.28
45 Colt Lee deluxe 4 die set $33.28
shipping $17.90
Total $183.52

I ordered on saturday and on Monday their website said all had shipped (except 45 colt dies--backordered). Don't have it yet but I expect soon.

After some advice here I decided to go ahead and get the Lee Safety Prime and Lee Pro Auto Disk Measure. Decided I might as well go ahead and get my 9mm dies while I was at it (only need 45acp now).

I thought I would try out Natchez to see how I liked them. So on Sunday I ordered from Natchez:

4 hole Turret $7.99
Lee Pro Auto Disk Measure $32.49
Lee Safety Primer (large & small) $18.99
9mm Lee deluxe 4 die set $34.99
Universal loading tray $5.99
Shipping and Insurance $14.47
Total $115.00 (rounded up to NRA donation).

Paid Sunday with my debit card and it got here today! The charge hasn't even posted to my checking account yet.

So I got (I think) everything I need (for now) to get started on all my main calibers (I already have books and got scale, caliper, another loading tray, Lube, and Lube tray in trade) for a total of $298.52

Anyway sorry for the long post, but I have to say I am impressed with the prices and speed of Natchez Shooters Supplies.
Old June 9, 2011, 03:05 AM   #2
HiBC

Natchez has treated me very well.
Old June 9, 2011, 05:42 AM   #3
PawPaw

THey're a good company. I've got them bookmarked, along with MidwayUSA, MidSouth Shooters Supply, Widener's, and Powder Valley. If one of those five don't have it, it's Brownell's.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com
Old June 9, 2011, 11:03 AM   #4
mrbro

I recently received my first order from Powder Valley. 8lbs of powder and 1000 primers, shipped with the hazmat fee, was still cheaper than buying it locally. Very fast shipping, I'll buy from them again.

It seems most of my local suppliers haven't heard of the internet as they price reloading supplies like they are the only game in town.
Old June 9, 2011, 11:05 AM   #5
Uncle H

Unfortunately, they don't ship within TN, which is where they're located and where I live.

Go figger.......

I deal with Midway and MidSouth mostly.
Old June 9, 2011, 11:18 AM   #6
Berry's MfG

Uncle H - I believe Chattanooga has an agreement that they would not compete with their dealers in TN since they started out wholesale only. They make deliveries to their dealers with their own truck fleet. I can understand where you are coming from, but I also understand the need not to compete with your dealers. I've been to their facility and came away very impressed.
Old June 9, 2011, 11:27 AM   #7
Doodlebugger45

I have ordered from Natchez, Factory Sales, Midway, and Powder Valley. I like all of them. It always pays to compare prices and also to calculate the shipping charges on their sites. Depending on what you buy, sometimes Midway will have slightly higher listed prices, but the shipping might be a lot cheaper. You never know until you total it all up.

For powder and primers there is just no competing with Powder Valley.

And if you're needing cast bullets, it would be hard to beat Missouri Bullets for price and service.
Old June 9, 2011, 11:38 AM   #8
Don P

Good deal you got. Just to add this, the owner of Factory sales is extremely knowledgeable about Lee equipment and is real close to the factory. Just in case you need help or more equipment.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old June 9, 2011, 11:50 AM   #9
Doodlebugger45

Jed,

You'll probably want to order the riser so that your auto disk will clear the primer tray. Also, you'll probably be wanting to get the adjustable charge bar so that you can dial in the exact amount of powder you want. It's useable the way you have it, but you'll see what I mean about the riser pretty soon.

Maybe the disks will come close enough to your desired charge weight, but if you're into experimenting with loads, it's nice to be able to pick the powder weight down to the nearest 0.1 gr for pistols. That's what makes the adjustable charge bar so nice.
Old June 9, 2011, 12:48 PM   #10
TennJed

Quote:
Unfortunately, they don't ship within TN, which is where they're located and where I live.
didn't know that. I live less than 4 miles from the TN state line. Guess I got lucky
Old June 9, 2011, 08:37 PM   #11
jtmo3

I like Natchez and have order many things from them in the past. The only issue I have with them now is, they have gotten a little on the pricey side. Seems their prices are many times much higher than their competitors.

John
Old June 9, 2011, 09:47 PM   #12
Civil War Life

I buy from Powder Valley and Midway. Midway a lot but would like to check out Natchez. Could someone post a link? Greatly appreciated.

From Hot Hot Fredericksburg, VA
Old June 10, 2011, 07:08 AM   #13
Doyle

I've used Natchez and they've given me great service. My only hesitation with buying from them is that they have taxable nexus with Florida so they have to collect state sales tax from me.
Old June 10, 2011, 12:08 PM   #14
Doodlebugger45

Here's the link for Natchez.

http://www.natchezss.com/

My only complaint with them is that their website is much harder to navigate around than Midway when you are looking for reloading equipment.
Old September 7, 2011, 03:40 PM   #15
JMP

I ordered some stuff from them on Monday, got a sale email on Tuesday and the rangefinder I ordered was $20 cheaper than I paid. Called them today and they credited the $20 back. Whole thing took about 3 minutes and they seemed happy to do it.

Not my first time buying from Natchez and won't be my last
Old September 7, 2011, 05:33 PM   #16
engineermike

I agree, their web site is hard to navigate. Maybe they will fix it someday?
Old September 7, 2011, 11:29 PM   #17
TennJed

I agree that other than the website being hard to navigate I think theyare the best thing going in reloading shopping.

If anyone on this board is connected with Natchez please note:

Y'all are awsome
Your website is not awsome

Seriously I have a hard time finding what I want but when I find it, it is usually the best price.
Old September 8, 2011, 02:11 AM   #18
HiBC

Folks at Natchez have given me excellent customer service.Frankly,outfits like Midway,Natchez Brownell's and other successful suppliers in the shooting sports,are pretty doggone excellent.Graf's is another.
When I have called Sierra,Hogdon,Nosler,Hornady,etc,they took time to take care of me.We have it pretty good,I think.
Old September 8, 2011, 11:52 AM   #19
engineermike

Yep, all of them are making our hobby more/most fun/enjoyable. (Darn, I think my punctuation is off )
Old September 8, 2011, 02:25 PM   #20
Roland Thunder

Don't know about Natchez but Midway is really quick about getting stuff shipped out. I ordered some stuff on Friday and had it on tuesday
Old September 8, 2011, 06:16 PM   #21
tobnpr

My biggest problem is always finding ONE of them, that has everything for the order....
This one doesn't have the .308, 175 SMK's...
That one's outta Varget...

All mentioned are good.
My C&R gets pretty decent discounts at Midway on most items.

But, I've found Powder Valley usually has the best prices and most stuff in stock. Their downside, is they do not ship as quickly (same or next day) as the others.
Old September 8, 2011, 07:09 PM   #22
dickttx

Thinking about starting to cast--.452 only for now. Last night I went through five online vendors with the identical items all the way to pushing the buy button. The final totals ranged from $125 to $130. Not a lot of difference. Most were within a dollar or two.
Old September 8, 2011, 08:09 PM   #23
GeauxTide

I used them or Midway when I lived in LA, but when I moved to AL, it became Midway.
Old September 8, 2011, 10:37 PM   #24
oldreloader

I use Natchez, Midsouth, Midway, Grafs, Powder Valley, Weideners and Gamaliels. They all give me great service.
Old December 18, 2017, 09:23 PM   #25
zukiphile

I've purchased from Natchez for more than 20 years. My recent attempted order was my last.

Natchez confirmed my order on their advertised terms and charged my card. Then they changed the advertisement to double the price. The change didn't fix mere typos, but materially altered the price per quantity in several places in the ad.

As soon as I saw it changed, and before the package left Natchez, I called to tell them that I wasn't a customer at the doubled price. First I was told that there was nothing that they would do about it. When I told the fellow that this isn't how this is going to work, he told me he would get the package recalled and my card credited immediately.

Neither happened. When the half shipment arrived, I let them know. Brian Futch emails back to let me know that he will arrange pick and credit the purchase back to my card. Since that was already supposed to have happened, I pressed. Brian Futch pretended to do me a favor by telling me he would issue a credit once the packages had been picked up.

That had me picking up the telephone to explain that Natchez failing to honor the terms of their order isn't a return of merchandise, and that they didn't have authority to charge my card for a shipment they never intended to make. After a couple of tries at making this my problem, the pleasant woman on the phone apologised and said she would process the CC credit immediately and email the confirmation. I assumed this was a matter of mere incompetence rather than deception.

She emailed a "credit invoice", but three days later no credit has been forthcoming. Over the course of several telephone calls and emails, the only true representation Natchez made was that they wanted the merchandise back. Everything else from the advertisement to the order confirmation to the credit memo was false.

I litigated deceptive sales practices claims when I was younger. Natchez' conduct has been egregious. Caveat Emptor.