The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old April 21, 2002, 06:07 PM   #1
twoblink

SoCal, Outing May 4th

Nothing official, but I will make my attempt to bring 10+ women and 20+ people total to the range.

http://www.angelesranges.com/

The more people we can get to show up, the better. And bring a friend!

Let me know if you need a ride, and maybe I can arrange one for you. If you don't have weapons (yet) don't worry, I think we'll have at least 50+ guns there.

Albert

I will try to get there no later than 9:30am, because it gets HOT during the day..
Old April 21, 2002, 07:42 PM   #2
El Rojo

Why did you have to pick the 4th? That is the only satuday I have booked! Darn! I would have driven down your way just to be there too. Oh well.
Old April 21, 2002, 11:00 PM   #3
Mauserlady

Oh man.... Got a prior engagement that can't be cancelled but we are going out to our spot in the desert the next weekend and any and all are welcome....

We ususally have a group ranging anywhere from 5-20. It's a nice big wide open place with plenty of room for many...

I am always glad to meet new people especially if they are shooters. My email is in my profile if any one is interested in joining us dropa line.

Carol
Old April 22, 2002, 01:31 AM   #4
Destructo6

Does the Angeles Range prohibit "Assault Weapons"?

Mauserlady, where's the desert location, generally speaking?
Old April 22, 2002, 08:31 AM   #5
Mauserlady

We live in Lancaster and the place we go is about 20 minutes North of here just outside of Rosamond.
Old April 22, 2002, 11:25 AM   #6
Destructo6

Not too far from Willow Springs, then?
Old April 22, 2002, 11:30 AM   #7
Mauserlady

Not to far at all. WS is about 4 miles farther west from where we go.
Old April 22, 2002, 12:25 PM   #8
ngnrnlo

Mauserlady

I've been looking for a legal place to shoot in the wilderness within driveable distance from L.A.

So far, I could only confirm BLM property near Barstow.

I know many shoot in the desert; but have you checked with law enforcement in that jurisdiction to see if it's legal?
Old April 22, 2002, 12:26 PM   #9
Ledbetter

South Central (California)

Hey Destructo6!

I'm out on the central coast but I'll try to bring my cousin (who lives south) to Albert's get together. Welcome to TFL Mauserlady. Would love to get out and shoot with you and yours on 5/11 (or whenever) too.

Regards,

Ledbetter
Old April 22, 2002, 12:39 PM   #10
Mauserlady

ngnrnlo - Yes, this is not BLM land it's Kern County land and David has talked with someone about it. It was before I came in the picture and I don't remember the deal. I'll get the scoop from him as to who he talked with and post it back here.

Ledbetter - Thanks for the welcome. I love this site.

You (and anyone else for that matter) are most welcome to join us. Drop me an email and I'll give ya the scoop....
Old April 22, 2002, 02:02 PM   #11
Mauserlady

OK ngnrnlo, just talked to David and here's what he told me....

A few years back they were out there shooting and a Kern Co. sheriff pulled up. Talked to them for a bit and told them that it was perfectly fine that they were out there shooting and that he was looking for off-roaders, which is a no-no......

They (the three brothers) have been shooting at this place for many years and never have had a problem and I can vouch for the last two years of that.
Old April 22, 2002, 03:06 PM   #12
ngnrnlo

Thanks Mauserlady, I'll confirm with Kern Co. Sheriff and go out there sometime.

Do you if this is public land, or is it private land with owner's permission.

I do have a friend who has several large desert properties near California City, and who'll let me shoot there (if legal). But if there are public properties, I would rather not bother him.
Old April 22, 2002, 06:21 PM   #13
Destructo6

Ledbetter, I'm actually in Santa Barbara now, right down the street from you. The vast majority of my stuff is in Chino, though.

It'll have to be a bit touch and go, since my schedule will be pretty outrageous for the next couple of months.
Old April 22, 2002, 07:46 PM   #14
Damnathius

Legality?

ngnrnlo, here's the scoop:

We've been shooting there for about four years now. It is private property as far as I know, and from other shooters I have heard that the owner does allow shooting there. There are no signs posted, nor have I ever seen any in that area.

As Carol relayed, we were once visited by a Kern County sheriff that seemed a lot more interested in apprehending off roaders than shooters, that verified it is okay to shoot out there.

That's the best I can tell ya.

Dave
Old April 22, 2002, 10:43 PM   #15
ngnrnlo

I called several BLM offices today to see if there is a BLM shooting area closer to L.A. than Barstow.

The Riverside office said they have a "target shooter's package" that they will mail me.

If there's anything intersting in there I'll post about it.
Old April 23, 2002, 03:41 PM   #16
Ledbetter

Destructo6

Hey let's go shooting NOW. I've got plenty of stuff to choose from to take and I'm a member of this here club:

http://hometown.aol.com/wcgc2/

Call me, I'm in the phone book. Be good to see you again.

Regards.
Old April 23, 2002, 03:41 PM   #17
Ledbetter

Destructo6

Hey let's go shooting NOW. I've got plenty of stuff to choose from to take and I'm a member of this here club:

http://hometown.aol.com/wcgc2/

Call me, I'm in the phone book. Mike Ledbetter. Be good to see you again.

Regards.
Old April 24, 2002, 11:49 PM   #18
Destructo6

I'm so swamped with homework and such this quarter, I'm finding it hard to even surf the web regularly. The workload is unreal and discouraging.