The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 12, 2011, 08:50 AM   #1
dickttx

Ohaus 10-10 Scale

Saw this on Craig List Saturday. Used to have one just like it and lost it over the years of moving. Met the guy by my shooting club yesterday. Didn't even have to go out of my way to pick it up. He threw in the Sierra 1st and 2nd edition manuals, all for $30. Instructions, warranty card, etc., were still on the box, though somewhat motheaten. The little scale plate that shows the weight on the micrometer was missing, but found it in the bottom of the box. Not even glue can stand the Texas heat!
The Sierra manuals (1971 and 1978 editions) had lots of notes, comments, etc. Also grocery shopping lists with prices, advertisements, notes, etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ohaus 10-10 Scale.jpg (4.8 KB, 53 views)
Old September 12, 2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Jimro

Congrats, great find.

Jimro
Old September 12, 2011, 02:47 PM   #3
GP100man

Good deal !!!I have a set of Lyman scales that look just like & made by ohaus but a golden brown color .

There here to stay !
Old September 12, 2011, 02:57 PM   #4
dickttx

IIRC the ones I bought 40+ years ago were this color, but can't say for sure. I know I gave an outragious price for them. Probably $35, less my 30% FFL discount.