The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 21, 2001, 02:26 AM   #1
ChrisMkIV

I swapped out the grips on my Colt Government 45acp with some Hogue "recoil absorbing rubber" grips and was suprised to feel what a weight and balance difference changing grips can make.

With the Hogue grips, my Colt seems slighty top heavy, even with a full clip. I was holding the old grips in my hand and was really suprised at how heavy they were, it almost felt they we weighted with lead or something in the mold.

I then went to the range and shot with my new grips, and did awfull! I could not hold a good grouping even with the fact that the new grips are much more comfortable.

Do you think the new balance of my gun was the cause of this?
"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law abiding deprived the use of them" --Thomas Paine, 1775

Second Amendment Lovers HQ
Texas Tyranny Response Team
Old January 21, 2001, 10:26 AM   #2
Correia

It is possible.

Something else that you might want to try is the Pierce Modular grips. They are thin rubber with finger grooves, and the sides fit under your normal grips of choice. That way you can have whatever type of grip you want, and still have the finger grooves (which I personally like). They add a little thickness, but that can be overcome with thin grip panels if you like.