The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old December 11, 2006, 10:29 PM   #1
skidmark

Location: Richmond VA - home of a street full of second-place trophies.
Petersburg, Virginia man shoots two during attempted robbery

Quote:
Petersburg man shoots two during attempted robbery
From NBC12 News www.nbc12.com
A Petersburg man took the law into his own hands when two men broke into his house. Detectives say the men forced their way through the front door of a home in the Hill Street Townhouses yesterday afternoon and the resident inside shot both men. Their injuries are not considered life threatening and both are expected to face charges.
The TV news is reporting that the two managed to leave the house under their own power after both were shot by the homeowner. They are reported to have gone directly to the local hospital, where one was "treated and released" while the other was "admitted for treatment." The one admitted to the hospital "is expected to be arrested and charged" after he gets out of the hospital. The other "is expected to be arrested shortly."

The actual on-air report did NOT use the phrase "took the law into his own hands." The talking head said "the homeowner defended himself."

The Petersburg, Virginia Chief of Police was interview and said: 1) "here are always a number of variables in a situation like this" and 2) I can't tell anyone exactly what they should or should not do".

The item finished up by the talking head saying that "more and more home invasions are ending up like this one did."

+1 to the homeowner, and +1 to the Chief. I'm thinking I ought to give a +1 to the TV news programming, but want to wait to see how they handle any follow-up stories. Till then, I'll be "standing by" to hear of the arrest of both of the perps.

stay safe.

skidmark
Old December 13, 2006, 04:53 PM   #2
Bigfatts

Treated and released? I thought it was mandatory to involve the Police with gunshot wound cases?
Old December 20, 2006, 10:55 PM   #3
Haterade

Quote:
The item finished up by the talking head saying that "more and more home invasions are ending up like this one did."
I can guarantee that statement right there is more effective than more laws against home invasions and guns in general.