The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old October 29, 2015, 01:02 PM   #1
jwrowland77

NRA PPC or Bullseye in Arkansas

I'm looking to see if anyone knows of a league in central Arkansas for Bullseye aka NRA Precision Pistol.

Only pistol comps I can find in central Arkansas is the run/gun style. I'm not able to do those and actually compete due to some disabilities.

TIA
Old November 1, 2015, 10:07 PM   #2
darkgael

Matches

Try looking through the online magazine "Shooting Sports USA". The last few pages contain a list of all registered Matches in all disciplines throughout the USA. Bullseye matches are listed as conventional pistol or as Precision Pistol.
Old November 1, 2015, 10:10 PM   #3
jwrowland77

Finally found that spot and looked. Unfortunately, there were none in Arkansas.
Old November 1, 2015, 10:45 PM   #4
g.willikers

Don't despair.
The NRA does a lousy job of promoting and advertising their matches.
Check with local clubs.
If they don't have the kinds of matches you want, chances are someone there will know of them.
To find local clubs, go to the sanctioning body web sites.
Places like IDPA.com, USPSA.org, IHMSA.org (silhouette - another choice for you maybe), the local shotgun range, and any local shooting ranges.
The range officers might know.
Hope this helps.
Old November 5, 2015, 10:21 AM   #5
serf 'rett

I don't see Bullseye listed at CASA or Benton Gun Club (links listed below).

http://www.casarange.com/

http://www.bentongunclub.org/ShootingMatches.html

It is my understanding, from a couple of years ago, that some folks at the Jefferson County Gun Club were doing some type of Bullseye match on select Sunday afternoons; however, I don't know if they are still shooting. They do show NRA rifle matches so they might have a line on any Bullseye matches. You could check with them. If the weather permits us to have an IDPA match this weekend, I may see some members of that club and I'll ask them.

http://www.jeffersoncountygunclub.com/

Looks like you may need to take up rifle shooting.
Old November 5, 2015, 10:55 AM   #6
serf 'rett

I'll suggest an alternate of shooting bowling pins/steel. Pine Bluff Gun Club, on the second Saturday of the month weather permitting, Has an IDPA match at 8:00 or 9:00 in the mornings followed by a bowling pin match at 2:00 in the afternoon. I think the pin matches are all shot from one position so mobility shouldn't be an issue. You would need a .22 handgun and a centerfire handgun.

I forget the exact schedule, but I think once every quarter, the folks drag out a bunch of steel to mix things up. Last match I watched, they started by shooting bowling pin heads with the .22, then transitioned to centerfire for the pins, falling plate rack, pepper poppers, Texas star and steel silhouettes - ram, pig, turkey and that itty bitty chicken placed at the furthest distance from the firing position of course!

I guess everyone there reloaded, cause there was a pile of shooting. Normally they shoot three strings and keep the best two for scoring. For the details:

http://www.pbgunclub.org/venues/pin_...n_shooting.htm

Pine Bluff Gun Club would be about 1.5 hour drive from Conway.

Last edited by serf 'rett; November 5, 2015 at 11:01 AM.
Old November 6, 2015, 11:09 AM   #7
FlyFish

Try posting your question on either the Bullseye Forum or at Target Talk - I'll bet somebody there can help you.
Old November 6, 2015, 11:11 AM   #8
jwrowland77

Quote:
Originally Posted by serf 'rett View Post
I'll suggest an alternate of shooting bowling pins/steel. Pine Bluff Gun Club, on the second Saturday of the month weather permitting, Has an IDPA match at 8:00 or 9:00 in the mornings followed by a bowling pin match at 2:00 in the afternoon. I think the pin matches are all shot from one position so mobility shouldn't be an issue. You would need a .22 handgun and a centerfire handgun.

I forget the exact schedule, but I think once every quarter, the folks drag out a bunch of steel to mix things up. Last match I watched, they started by shooting bowling pin heads with the .22, then transitioned to centerfire for the pins, falling plate rack, pepper poppers, Texas star and steel silhouettes - ram, pig, turkey and that itty bitty chicken placed at the furthest distance from the firing position of course!

I guess everyone there reloaded, cause there was a pile of shooting. Normally they shoot three strings and keep the best two for scoring. For the details:

http://www.pbgunclub.org/venues/pin_...n_shooting.htm

Pine Bluff Gun Club would be about 1.5 hour drive from Conway.

I shoot with a bunch of guys that are in that club, when I shoot F-Class matches.