The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old December 21, 2012, 08:03 PM   #1
1stmar

love this new stock...

ok, been waiting on this for 4 months and its been worth it. McMillan A5, ruger MK II action in 30-06. Can't wait to get out and shoot it. There isn't much room between the stock and the barrel, can slip a piece of paper between them but if I press on the stock and I can put pressure on the barrel so I may need some additional relief. Barrel is a Hart and was shooting well before the new stock. Really impressed with this stock. its not cheap but seems like a good investment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cpc g 016.JPG (92.1 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg cpc g 017.JPG (108.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg cpc g 018.JPG (92.0 KB, 43 views)
Old December 22, 2012, 09:03 AM   #2
warbirdlover

Hope it works out for you. If it doesn't group as well as before, have it glass and pillar bedded. I've got a MkII .300 Win Mag all-weather I took out of the ugly paddle stock and put in a Boyds. It had to have the above changes (plus free floating the barrel) before it shot as good (now better) as before. If it's a calm day and I'm shooting good it's a one hole rifle.

Hope yours is too!
Old December 22, 2012, 03:12 PM   #3
1stmar

That's the plan warbird, previous stock was hs precision but for sporter barrel that inletted for heavy barrel.