The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old February 19, 2007, 10:41 AM   #1
jumpinjarhead

Need DIY plans for rotating target stands

Need DIY plans for 6 station rotating (90 deg rotation) target stands for handgun range.
Old February 19, 2007, 11:06 AM   #2
Anon

Will the tagets be overhead type (indoor), or mounted to the ground (outdoor)?

If outdoor, will power be available?
Old February 19, 2007, 11:38 AM   #3
jumpinjarhead

'Sorry for the lack of information. Targets will be outside during firing (inside for storage) and only low voltage power is available at present. If necessary, I suppose I can run 110 VAC to the range.

I recall seeing online a system using an auto wiper motor but cannot find the link to the plans.
Old February 19, 2007, 11:48 AM   #4
Anon

I don't have plans, just hunting down more detailed info.

What type of targets? Is this for a typical "Bullseye" match, where a RO (with a timer) will control how long the shooters can see the targets? Do you have any materials already in mind (do you have access to metal-stock, and a welder?).

There's a boatload of info here:
http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/sourcebook.asp

But there has to be some online plans and pics. Anyone?
Old February 19, 2007, 12:16 PM   #5
jumpinjarhead

MOre info

I have the NRA Range Manual info already. This is for the USMC KD and similar courses of fire where the target (on cardboard in target frame) faces shooter for specified time and then turns away. Apparatus would be manually operated using a hand-held timer. I am a welder also. What I need are specs and plans.
Old February 19, 2007, 04:52 PM   #6
jumpinjarhead

MOre info

I have the NRA Range Manual info already. This is for the USMC KD and similar courses of fire where the target (on cardboard in target frame) faces shooter for specified time and then turns away. Apparatus would be manually operated using a hand-held timer. I am a welder also. What I need are specs and plans.